Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havn't had a part arrive dead on me before so I'm just wanting to confirm this. Its a WD 1TB blue hdd. Plug it in and on boot my computer starts beeping and drive cannot be detected in windows, detected that something is there in bios but it has no info for it. I tried connecting it to another sata connector and it beeped again but didn't show up in bios and again not in windows.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi @SaintsEnd!

I'm sorry to hear about what happened, this could be a very unpleasant experience.
frown.gif

Since the drive is not recognized in your computer you can basically try it on another PC and see if it will show up there. If it doesn't, then simply RMA the unit back to us - you can check how to contact our support here:

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=JLDdNo

Hope this helps, mate, and keep me posted.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already started an rma with newegg, They are sending me a free shipping label so I can get a replacement for this drive. Didn't have issues in the past with this drive for a couple other builds.
smile.gif

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
DOAs happen. Drives get handled like soccer balls during transit, not like the eggs they should be handled like, and no amount of packaging can prevent damage all the time.

·
Not a Fan
2,648 Posts
Yeah, I had a HGST 7K4000 Ultrastar show up dead, the replacement has 20K hours on it now
biggrin.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts