Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, just wanted to say "hi" before I got started. I've been building computers since the 80's, but have recently rekindled the hobby after a 10 year break. I'm currently playing around with Piledrivers while I await the Zen to release. My quest for 5GHz is escaping me, but I currently have a nice and stable everyday 4.7 on my FX-8350 (after not being able to do better on my FX-9590).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrex13 View Post

New member here, just wanted to say "hi" before I got started. I've been building computers since the 80's, but have recently rekindled the hobby after a 10 year break. I'm currently playing around with Piledrivers while I await the Zen to release. My quest for 5GHz is escaping me, but I currently have a nice and stable everyday 4.7 on my FX-8350 (after not being able to do better on my FX-9590).
welcome and 5ghz on a 9590 should be 100 percent cake walk lol. Bump the voltage to 1.55 and bam done should work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanzylol View Post

welcome and 5ghz on a 9590 should be 100 percent cake walk lol. Bump the voltage to 1.55 and bam done should work.
Oh I can boot to 5GHz no problem. My VRM's overheat and I thermal limit when I do stability testing. I'm currently playing with fans on the VRM's and a large fan on the back side of the socket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrex13 View Post

Oh I can boot to 5GHz no problem. My VRM's overheat and I thermal limit when I do stability testing. I'm currently playing with fans on the VRM's and a large fan on the back side of the socket.
Ah i have the same problem
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top