Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)

I'm new here... fairly new to PC gaming too.
Hope you guys can give me some pointers with building and maintaining my computer.
That's my rig^
Lemme know if there's anything I could do better. This is the first PC that I build myself, I usually use it to play Resident Evil games and Monster Hunter.

Cheers!

·
Robocop is #1 movie ever
2,184 Posts
Hello :)

I'm new here... fairly new to PC gaming too.
Hope you guys can give me some pointers with building and maintaining my computer.
That's my rig^
Lemme know if there's anything I could do better. This is the first PC that I build myself, I usually use it to play Resident Evil games and Monster Hunter.

Cheers!
Welcome.

As far as doing things better, best to get what you need and let your usage dictate that. Going down the rabbit hole of needing the newest fastest stuff is a trap best avoided.

Congratulations on building your first PC.

There is a lot of good information on this site. Pretty much everything you will need to know unless you go on to be a computer or electrical engineer and even then there is a lot of information here.

• Rep+
Reactions: Infiniteli

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah definitely had hesitatiions building this because I didn't want to constantly feel like i need to update my computer wanting better and better products, but I really wanted to play with friends.

·
Robocop is #1 movie ever
2,184 Posts
And that really is what it boils down to. Playing with friends, enjoying yourself. Will X product help me with that?

Enjoy the site.

• Rep+

·
Father, Husband and Gamer
1,123 Posts
Welcome!

·
Why is it smoking?
4,000 Posts
That's a solid first build, and it looks like you did some research instead of just buying whatever was trending. Good job (y)

My only recommendation is to look into cable management. It won't affect performance, but it will improve the aesthetics.

• Rep+

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Welcome to OCN!

• Rep+

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a solid first build, and it looks like you did some research instead of just buying whatever was trending. Good job (y)

My only recommendation is to look into cable management. It won't affect performance, but it will improve the aesthetics.
Thanks!
I did have some help, at first I was definitely looking at the latest and greatest (a year and a bit ago) but then my friends were telling me that there's always new updates and I just need something to play a game I really want well which during the time was Resident Evil 2 and Monster Hunter.

Originally I didn't decide on the liquid cool master because the input process made me sweat a lot just thinking about it but I also don't have air conditioning my house so it was a good decision :)
Yeah I definitely need to work on the cable management a bit better. :) it could always look better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts