Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new install of windows 10 freezes when i install crimson amd display driver package, installs to 25% and locks PC this with CLEAN install of 10 and its not my PC its fine on 7
thumb.gif
system is....motherboard asrock z77 extreme 4 cpu 3770k graphics card sapphire r9 280x and 1 sata dvd drive 1 2 sata SSD hard drives and 1 sata regular hard drive

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tried 3 differnt things, tried older Crimson driver NOTHING tried what people said disable Windows Defender and disconnect internet NOTHING
mad.gif

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Try disabling the on board graphics and installing amd driver in safe mode with no internet.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
by onboard you mean the built in motherboard graphics from the cpu? its off in windows 7 doesnt show anything but my graphics card

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The earlier version of Crimson used to do that to me. The recent ones don't. When installing Crimson, click the *PACKAGE* button at the very top of the list. By doing that it may allow Crimson to install.

·
Registered
9,178 Posts

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
You only will escape from hell when you go green. I loved AMD for years, but ever since I went green, I never looked back.
redface.gif

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

You only will escape from hell when you go green. I loved AMD for years, but ever since I went green, I never looked back.
redface.gif
its not a AMD thing its a windows 10 thing i forgot where, but i saw but some MS exec said windows 10 is a big rolling BETA
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
funny i installed windows 10 1 more time, i extracted the latest amd Crimson package, installed display driver it froze, i said here we go again rebooted, installed everything but display driver rebooted when it booted CCC panel was there
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts