Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
lol....prescotts get way hotter then the FX55....

thats cool, but i dont like that theyre going to call the dualcores extreame editions...as that name sucks.
but AMD is comming out with dualcore 64s too, so we'll have to wait and see

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

thats cool, but i dont like that theyre going to call the dualcores extreame editions...as that name sucks.

Yeah! Socket 1207 and DDR2!!

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

Really? I heard the fx-55 is the hottest running chip on the market. Oh well happy with my cold northwood.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo42024
Really? I heard the fx-55 is the hottest running chip on the market. Oh well happy with my cold northwood.
well, think of this....usally the stock heatsink with a 775 prescott, u get about 60* loads at least.....now im pretty sure that AMD doesnt have a chip that gets that hot...hopefully...because thats one of the better things going for them, maybe theyll get 55 loads.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
u musta installed the thermal paste on wrong...theres no way that should happen, maybe 55-60* most is normal

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Didnt build it, store made it... And dad wont let me inside the guts of it unless I have something really important to do..

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah think bout the mount of software that will have to be recompiled for this. but think how quick divx codin will b

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
I was on the phone to a guy today complaining about the speed of his machine when we got to talking about processors, and he told me that Sony/Panasonic and some other manufacturer are in the final stages of making a chip which is around 16x faster that the current processors. Anyone heard that or do ya think
its BS?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts