Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am searching for a new monitor. I would like to spend around 250 and I like qhd resolution.
I play and watch movies on my screen but I am very bored with my actual old TN so I decided I want more (and also a bit because of my new hp notebook that has a very good screen).

I know that I cannot get anything more than 60hz but it is still ok because I don't have a house that can push much more than 60 ultra quality on qhd.

I saw the Dell P2416D and I think it can be a good choice for me, but I also have a doubt, probably due to my hp's monitor, which is glossy, and made me think of how much better the image looked through glossy panels. Do you know any 24/25 ips qhd that are glossy?

I also found the Philips 276e8fjab that just went out but I couldn't find so much reviews but the price was appealing at only ~300€ for 1440p 27" ips, should I consider buying it over the p2416d?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakanoth View Post

I think you need more budget. I am sorry that I don't have a suggestion for your budget.
I just bought the P2416D, it was the size I needed and the price I wanted.

Do you know where I can find some ICC profiles? Or at least some settings for the osd menu?

·
Computers <3
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattuz View Post

I just bought the P2416D, it was the size I needed and the price I wanted.

Do you know where I can find some ICC profiles? Or at least some settings for the osd menu?
I was looking for the same thing but then I realized I can calibrate my own monitor with the following link: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

Dell U2515H is popular but probably not glossy and no adaptive sync. Otherwise the monitor market is dead for a decade. Reviews are all over for most common monitors and shops offer filters to show you what you want.
Yes I ended up with a matte screen since it seems the way market is going for the most part. It was actually the only qhd I could afford that was also IPS, so it was a short of forever decision, unfortunately the u2515h was around 100€ more

1 - 7 of 7 Posts