Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Im just starting to get all my parts for my major build,my sons laptop died on hip so i gave him my desktop pc which is still ok for 3 years old.
Anyways heres what ive got so far

Pioneer bdr-506xlb blu-ray burner
Intel 520 ssd 240gb
Gskill Ripjaws z F3-17000CL9Q DDR3-2133 CL9-11-10-28 1.65V
Intel Ivy bridge I7 3770K
Seasonic Platinum 1000w power supply
Corsair Vengeance K90 keyboard
Corsair SP2500 2.1 speaker set

Im a bit stuck on the motherboard front . money isnt an object as ive been working all hours at work for this build

Im stuck between the

Asus Sabertooth Z77
evga Z77
msi Z77
Asus P8Z77

Also everythings on hold as im stuck on the case also...i was going to get the corsair obsidian 800d case for water cooling but its 3 years old and knowing me as soon as i get it,corsair will bring out a new version in junes e3 show.
I emailed corsair and asked about a new version,but i was told they cannot release details,so you can see £220 on a case is a major buy.I didn't want specs or names ,i just did not want to waste money if a new ver was round the corner...good customer service eh !
Second choice was the Silverstone Temjim TJ11 case...This is a fantastic case but the side window is the wrong way round,no mater where i visualize putting the case on my desk...the side window seems so wrong on the other side.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APP

PARTS TO GET STILL

NVIDIA 690 Hydro copper card
New mouse ( maybe thermaltakes new mouse that looks like a new transformer when its released)
Monitor.........Dell ultrasharp 27'' or any others that are good (advice)
for the amout of money im spending,image quality has to be a must.

Water cooling needs to be worked out (custom loop)

The Case is a major factor in this ..800d or temjin tj11......no other cases match this for water cooling.
The cosmos 2 is plastic and for what you pay ...there is no side window or room for a good radiator up top.

I would app any help and advice on my build

Thanx guys

·
Registered
800 Posts
Only thing I would think about is im not sure a 1.65 volt ram set is a good idea with Ivy bridge but maybe someone that has been fallowing the new stuff more then me can say for sure yay or nah on that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=436
XMP Ready for 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors and Z77 platform
system
Desktop
System Type
DDR3
M/B Chipset
lntel Z77