Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a new keyboard soon and I'm hoping you guys can give me some suggestions in order to narrow down the selections. I've owned several mechanical and "gaming" keyboards in the past including the Razor Blackwidow Ultimate, Logitech G710+, Logitech G510, Cooler Master TK, Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate, etc.

I would prefer a mechanical keyboard and from the different types of switches I tried, Blue Switches or something similar would probably be my favorite but I'm open to trying something new. (By similar I mean something like Razer's Green Switches.) Red Switches were also great for gaming. However, for typing they weren't the best fit and caused fatigue much faster than others. Brown Switches, which I know are supposed to be the medium between Blue and Red, I did not like at all. Those three plus Razer's switches are the only ones I've had ample experience using.

What keyboards would you guys currently recommend? I would prefer something I can purchase from Amazon or Newegg. From what I have seen, the Razor Blackwidow Chroma and Logitech G910 Orion Spark look quite nice. I know a lot of people like brands such as Ducky which are highly revered but also quite hard to find so I'd rather avoid the trouble.

In regards to budget, I don't really have a set limit in mind. I don't want to spend anything ridiculous such as $400-$500 but most keyboards seem to be in the $100-$200 range which is fine. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Ducky, MechanicalKeyboards.com. Orion Spark keys are very mushy. You missed the MassDrop Poseidon MX Blue drop. They are suppose to ship sometime this week on MD.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
you're wants are pretty broad, but just good keyboards on the market right now.

CoolerMaster Novatouch
CoolerMaster XT/Rapid/Rapid-I/XT-I
Anything by ducky or filco
Pok3r
WASD keyboards

Switch choice is all personal preference

Really suggestions as to what features and layout you want would help us narrow something down for you.

But as a good general rule, stay away from anything marketed as a gaming keyboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts