Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone listened to it? Downloaded, bought, or borrowed some songs?

I tend to download a few songs before I buy. Naturally I'm a huge LP fan because they always switch it up and bring a new style, flow, and lyrics to their music.

But when I heard some of these new songs my jaw just dropped. It has everything that I love in music. I'm part European so I naturally love techno and this "techno-rock-hip hop" hybrid they have going on is just crazy!

I wanna hear your opinion as a LP fan.

And to all you "oh, I stopped liking teen rock 10 years ago" SHUT UP lol

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grmnasasin0227 View Post
What the hell? Listen to something good.
I came here to say this.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
I agree.

LP USED to be good (Meteora, Hybrid Theory) then they did that J-Z bullcrap and it's been downhill since then...since I didn't see transformers 2 (where apparently they smeared "New Divide" all over the damn movie) I'd say that's a decent song but come on...I want the classic LP back.

Now It' seems they're a bit emo.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll agree with you saying Hybrid Theory/Classic LP was great. They're what got me into rock music in general when I was a kid.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crawling is easily one of my favorite songs. Definitely my favorite video.

To comment on the "New Divide": That was weird. It was like they were selling out because of all the times I heard the song on TV lol Good song, but still, weird...

·
Yes
1,744 Posts
Completely gave up on LP after their Minutes to Midnight album.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Their old stuff was great, but come on be real guys. If they made another CD in the same style as the old ones, it would be awful. They did pretty much everything that was possible with that style of music. I think it's great that they are experimenting and they're going in interesting directions. I don't really like their new stuff, but I like that they're innovating at least.

Every now and then I go, "hey Linkin Park is awesome!" and I listen to them nonstop for a few days (hybrid theory), and then I get sick of it and don't listen to them again for a year or two. They have a very cool sound/style, but it just really gets old fast and there's not much to it.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I like about half the songs on Minutes to Midnight, I love the old albums. Haven't heard the new one yet.

·
Banned
127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RotaryKnight
View Post

I might be the only person that love minutes to midnight lol

I liked it too
Valentine's Day <3

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Their new stuff simply stinks IMO. I use to be a huge fan when Hybrid Theory came out... Meteora was really good... and that's about it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts