Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marvo G901 on preorder, available in 61 days in my Country.

Sensor Avago A3050 - 4000 DPI in 1000/2000/3000/4000 DPI steps
OMRON Switches
Dedicated Software (DPI adjustment, pooling rate, illumination and macros)
RGB Illumination
Soft-touch surface
Ergonomic Design

No dimensions and weight info for now.

Price: around 25 Euros in my country.
http://www.pcgarage.ro/mouse-gaming/marvo/g901/

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
That 145g likely includes the cable. Otherwise they must have put a large weight in there which you could presumably just remove. I forget how much the actual IE 3.0 weighs, maybe something like 105g? This is probably around there, maybe more or less depending on how much a 3050 setup weighs compared to MLT04.

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
This looks pretty similar to that new Tek Syndicate mouse, doesn't it?
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
If you guys LIKE the IME, why not just BUY an IME.. hahahahahahahhaha there's no shortage of IMEs, it's on the perfect sensors list
biggrin.gif

easily modified to Japan Omron, wheel fix just add a spring..

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

If you guys LIKE the IME, why not just BUY an IME.. hahahahahahahhaha there's no shortage of IMEs, it's on the perfect sensors list
biggrin.gif

easily modified to Japan Omron, wheel fix just add a spring..
Because some people play at a low sensitivity where 1.5m/s isn't enough to cut it for 180s/fast swipes? I mean, I play medium sens so I have no problem as long as the mouse doesn't fail to track at 2m/s, but not everyone is like that.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I would say chances are high that it will have PTSD inducing jitter, like most chinese 3050´s.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
without knowing the size ... hmmm for me it looks more like a Cougar 300M , so a smaller Version ...
but , hey , there are so many Clones on the Market ... Dharmapoint etc ...

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Wasn't there a release like with with a 3090 or 3310 inside?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woll3 View Post

To be fair, only one is like the Dharmapoint.
I didnt has both ...
I read something about the 300m is a DRTCM37 Clone , but just from looking on both I would say the Alcor is more dharmapoint ... , but CM Storm is more known to use LaView ...
but ontopic I dont think that marvo g901 is an IE3.0 CLone , it looks smaller ...

·
AAGGHH~ MY EYES~ AAGGHH~
3,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klopfer View Post

I didnt has both ...
I read something about the 300m is a DRTCM37 Clone , but just from looking on both I would say the Alcor is more dharmapoint ... , but CM Storm is more known to use LaView ...
but ontopic I dont think that marvo g901 is an IE3.0 CLone , it looks smaller ...
Alcor/Mizar isn't LaView.

I think the best thing though out of it was the "CEO" of Dharmapoint gave not one but two butthurt interviews after the company failed about how the Alcor/Mizar & 300m were just copies of their design.

I guess I can understand his butthurt because...

Cougar simply used the design that Dharmapoint rented, made it better(firmware coded by interns this time instead of the usual mail room clerks)
Cougar 300M was cheaper
Cougar 300M sold more
Cougar made more money
Cougar didn't fail miserably

Dharmapoint was a early version of Feenix/Finalmouse in a way. Though not as bad really. I mean Feenix/Finalmouse is registered to someone's parents house.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uaokkkkkkkk View Post

Alcor/Mizar isn't LaView.

I think the best thing though out of it was the "CEO" of Dharmapoint gave not one but two butthurt interviews after the company failed about how the Alcor/Mizar & 300m were just copies of their design.

I guess I can understand his butthurt because...

Cougar simply used the design that Dharmapoint rented, made it better(firmware coded by interns this time instead of the usual mail room clerks)
Cougar 300M was cheaper
Cougar 300M sold more
Cougar made more money
Cougar didn't fail miserably

Dharmapoint was a early version of Feenix/Finalmouse in a way. Though not as bad really. I mean Feenix/Finalmouse is registered to someone's parents house.
Wasn't the cougar 300M released at least a year after dharmapoint went under?

Anyway I'd be curious to see dimensions/comparison pics. It definitely looks like a couple of existing mice (alcor, gtune m40, the tek syndicate one) but it's still an original shell.

·
AAGGHH~ MY EYES~ AAGGHH~
3,571 Posts
Yup. Dharmapoint got dunked on pretty hard. They sold the last of their inventory in whatever shop allowed them to around New Years this year.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klopfer View Post

I didnt has both ...
The button design is close to the same, however if you look closer(or inside) than you can see that the Alcor is a different Design, the PCB Layout and the components used are different, not to mention the different feet, 300m on the other hand is a "true" rehash, and not a bad one, altough i dont agree with those buttons but yeah, its all about the 5XX Series anyway.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts