Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. So I would like to build a budget LAN computer that will be good until the bulldozer comes out. I wouod get the 1090t but, I don't want to spend the money because bulldozer requires a new socket. So I plan on getting a 955 and I would like to oc the crap out of it. Any suggestion on a great matx motherboard that will do the job. I was going to get the asus 785g evo but I saw a asus 880g with SATA 6 and usb 3. Is it worth the extra $50 to get the 880g. The evo has a combo deal on newer that why it 50 cheaper. Or for now I will be only playing sc2 so I will be using on board graphics til I feel the need to get a 470 gtx. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
SATA6 is a gimmick.

No point at all with mechanical drives.
Get the Asus 785 and spend the money on a better card.

As for USB 3 it depends.

If you often transfer large files from your PC to a portable HDD, and only if you have a USB3.0 device, then go for it.

Or else, its useless too.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GotamaHuy
View Post

Hello. So I would like to build a budget LAN computer that will be good until the bulldozer comes out. I wouod get the 1090t but, I don't want to spend the money because bulldozer requires a new socket. So I plan on getting a 955 and I would like to oc the crap out of it. Any suggestion on a great matx motherboard that will do the job. I was going to get the asus 785g evo but I saw a asus 880g with SATA 6 and usb 3. Is it worth the extra $50 to get the 880g. The evo has a combo deal on newer that why it 50 cheaper. Or for now I will be only playing sc2 so I will be using on board graphics til I feel the need to get a 470 gtx. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

It uses AM3 and possibly AM3+, but doubtful as DDR4 RAM is years away

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Why not just get the 1055T? OC's great and it's not that much more money.

I personally see no need for either SATA 3 or USB 3 at the moment. But that's just me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i would get that but it will be a waste of money since i want to get a bulldozer. i would get a cheap x3 but id rather get a x4 instead. also, mATX boards ive seen for the 1055T has 4 pin cpu and i heard when overclocking it, it goes bad. i want to get one of these motherboards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813131406

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813131654

should i just get a ATX board instead?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts