Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm not exactly a new member on here as I registered in 2011. I've been lurking around for a long time. I've found this site to be super useful as everyone have answers to many questions which I've not posted a question lately until today.

yes I am aware that my rig is old, built in 2017. I'd like to have some pointers as I am running latest BIOS on my Asus mobo.

Rectangle Font Parallel Operating system Screenshot

Rectangle Parallel Font Circle Number

·
Dark and Dropped SUV
4,123 Posts
Hello and welcome as a now active posting member.
Hopefully you get the information you are looking for.

• Rep+
Reactions: calimustang

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
it took you some time to get active ;) Now im not sure if I should welcome you or you me :D Dont get a wrong picture, i welcome you, im just not sure if chronologically its OK :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it took you some time to get active ;) Now im not sure if I should welcome you or you me :D Dont get a wrong picture, i welcome you, im just not sure if chronologically its OK :D
haha been busy and had a friend to share ideas and feedbacks but now he is getting old and out of touch with the tech nowadays.... hence me coming on here.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hello all,

I'm not exactly a new member on here as I registered in 2011. I've been lurking around for a long time. I've found this site to be super useful as everyone have answers to many questions which I've not posted a question lately until today.

yes I am aware that my rig is old, built in 2017. I'd like to have some pointers as I am running latest BIOS on my Asus mobo.

View attachment 2564930
View attachment 2564931
Hey welcome aboard :) Just to point out one thing from your pictures, the ram you indicated has a XMP of 3200MHz and I bet it can go higher yet you are running it at 2128MHz why is that ? Why don't you either enable XMP profile1 or put in the timings manually to get the best bang out of your ram.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey welcome aboard :) Just to point out one thing from your pictures, the ram you indicated has a XMP of 3200MHz and I bet it can go higher yet you are running it at 2128MHz why is that ? Why don't you either enable XMP profile1 or put in the timings manually to get the best bang out of your ram.
oh you are spot on, I tried to manually set it at 3200 but it refused. went back to that speed. old bios version and current bios, no luck. people complained the same about the RAMs itself are the issue with the Mobo. its like they hate each other.

·
Registered
244 Posts
oh you are spot on, I tried to manually set it at 3200 but it refused. went back to that speed. old bios version and current bios, no luck. people complained the same about the RAMs itself are the issue with the Mobo. its like they hate each other.
Ah I see, did you check the motherboards QVL for that ram? That would be my next step to see if matches, if not you may need different ram sticks, ones listed on the QVL. In case you don't know what QVL stands for, it's the qualified vendors list.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep,

looked it up. its listed under QVL. the problem was the old BIOS version from 2017 was so buggy.

now it seems to work with BIOS FW 8503 thankfully for that version.

left is original, right is taken just a moment ago.

how do that look?

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Circle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow I noticed truly nice differences from previous set up and now. much quicker on loading websites and such.

thank you! I did update the BIOS to 8503 1-2 months ago and didn't think the RAM speed can be changed but glad the 8503 fixed that. :)

previous version at first was 1701 then 7901 and now 8503.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
overlooked on other snapshot earlier, just crashed so I decided to look around and believe I found it. just made a change.

Rectangle Parallel Slope Font Circle

·
Registered
244 Posts
overlooked on other snapshot earlier, just crashed so I decided to look around and believe I found it. just made a change.

View attachment 2565893
There you go, full 3200MHz, congrats :) Now see if you can tighten the timings to something like 15-15-15-30-45-2T To me it looks like you have a Samsung B-die which is very good. Don't get discouraged if you can't tighten the timings any more, it's good the way it is .Now if have Aida64 we can benchmark your ram.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks buddy! I totally am enjoying it now. 😁

• Rep+
Reactions: jiffysound
1 - 13 of 13 Posts