Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just another new member thread but though I would post up. Glad to be apart of the forums and hope to help in anyway I can! I am a senior studying Mechanical Engineering with an interest in computers, games, cars, snowboarding, music, ect. Plan on graduating in May so if you're hiring mechanical engineers let me know (lol)! This past December I built my first PC, components are in my signature. Kind of a starter build with components that will last and help me get more experience with computers and overclocking. However I am using a 'crappy' old 750gb harddrive and am looking to upgrade it. Wondering should I put 2 500-750gb in raid0 or run SSD?

Future plans are to get a 670, run SSD in raid, watercool and overclock, and upgrade RAM.

Anyway nice to be apart of the forums and hope everything is going well!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Welcome to OCN! This is definitely the place if you're looking to learn about overclocking. As for hardware, ya gotta start somewhere - and it just so happens that, that 2500k is an extremely good place to start
thumb.gif
Slap on a decent cooler (like Cooler Master Hyper 212+ or an Evo) and get crackin'

Thanks for dropping by, and enjoy your stay!
smile.gif

·
Initializing...
23,794 Posts
Hey and welcome to OCN!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well quick question for anyone who might know.. Should i get a 670 FTW LE or just go for the regular 670 FTW or OC'd one?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome my friend! im getting my 670 4gb tomorrow!!! ill let you know how it compares... But your sli 560ti should perform almost the same!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts