Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Experts,

I just bought a new memory 256 MB PC333 DDR, after installing it in my pc I'm getting CRC errors on my files, specially on compressed ones.

Sometimes when I copy from 1 Hardrive to another the copied file would contain crc errors...and the errors are random file in the archive.

The error would go away if I use a different memory (same specs) from my other computer.

I already tried these apps on the memory (overnight and it passed no errors found):
Memtest86+
Doc Memory
Windows Memory Diagnostic utility

I know this is a hardware memory problem but is there any application that can prove that it is? btw I already fresh installed it with no luck.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by reiluke

Hi Experts,

I just bought a new memory 256 MB PC333 DDR, after installing it in my pc I'm getting CRC errors on my files, specially on compressed ones.

Sometimes when I copy from 1 Hardrive to another the copied file would contain crc errors...and the errors are random file in the archive.

The error would go away if I use a different memory (same specs) from my other computer.

I already tried these apps on the memory (overnight and it passed no errors found):
Memtest86+
Doc Memory
Windows Memory Diagnostic utility

I know this is a hardware memory problem but is there any application that can prove that it is? btw I already fresh installed it with no luck.

thanks in advance

Try Prime95, although I think that program is overly sensitive. See what it comes back with. Also I think that Sisoft Sandra has a memory tester in it, but I might be wrong. See what those puppies turn up. Are these errors continuous or just occasionally and random? Are you overclocking? What type and brand is the memory that is giving you trouble??

BTW it is helpful to everyone if you put your spec's in your profile...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts