Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of suffering with my Asus P4P800s, I have decided to put my hand in my pocket for a new board so I can use my HT to its potential. But of course this means new memory. Are the following suited for each other?:

Abit IC7 MAX3 - can get for £100 (new)
OCZ 1GB (2x512MB) PC4400 Dual Channel Gold Series - can get for £200 (new)

I will be keeping my Northwood 3.2HT untill i kill it so i want to stay with S478 and I cannot afford an x800 Pci-e yet so i want an AGP mobo. I gonna be aiming for +4Ghz O/C, obviously with sufficient cooling (Probably WaterChill Xtreme) and was wondering if the above will do the job?

Many Thanx ppl. :shades2:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaGuv

Instead of suffering with my Asus P400s, I have decided to put my hand in my pocket for a new board so I can use my HT to its potential. But of course this means new memory. Are the following suited for each other?:

Abit IC7 MAX3 - can get for £100 (new)
OCZ 1GB (2x512MB) PC4400 Dual Channel Gold Series - can get for £200 (new)

I will be keeping my Northwood 3.2HT untill i kill it so i want to stay with S478 and I cannot afford an x800 Pci-e yet so i want an AGP mobo. I gonna be aiming for +4Ghz O/C, obviously with sufficient cooling (Probably WaterChill Xtreme) and was wondering if the above will do the job?

Many Thanx ppl. :shades2:

Very nice! That will definately do the job. The Max3 OC's nicely and Watercooling will help tons. 4GHZ will probably be the upper limit on that CPU. I would expect more like 3.9. However, 4Ghz is not unrealistic, given that you have the appropriate PSU. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts