Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the mobo in my specs last night and here is my problem.

When trying to install the ethernet drivers, windows says it fails to instasll the drivers. I deleted the adapter and driver and tried installing a driver I downloaded from another computer but the same problem.

So I tried unplugging the cable and connected a wireless usb stick. Same thing drivers fail to install.

Even when using the cd I get a message "error executing file. D:\\usb card installer\\setup.exe. The requested operation requires elevation."

The mobo cd says that it is installing the driver, but when it is done I get a message that says fail.

I thought I got a bad board until the usb would not install the driver.

So now I am stuck and do not know what step to try next.

Any help please!

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Do the already-installed Windows drivers work correctly (meaning, other than the new driver install failures, does your internet otherwise work)?

If so, don't sweat it and keep what you've got.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0man View Post
Do the already-installed Windows drivers work correctly (meaning, other than the new driver install failures, does your internet otherwise work)?

If so, don't sweat it and keep what you've got.
I have no internet on it at all.

Preinstalled windows or nothing does not work

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonio8
View Post

Tried that driver but it says failed after it installed.

It could very well be a problem with the on-board LAN. I assume you have it enabled in the bios under "integrated peripherals", or something similar.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericeod
View Post

It could very well be a problem with the on-board LAN. I assume you have it enabled in the bios under "integrated peripherals", or something similar.

I have lan controller 1 and 2 set as enabled. Right underneath it says Lan Option ROM as disabled. I do not know what this is.

I thought onboard lan problem also but like I said it will not install a wireless usb driver also.

I am going crazy with this.

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
your I/O controllers may be bad. my old intel board had the same problem and it turned out the I/O controller for the ethernet port went south.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32
View Post

your I/O controllers may be bad. my old intel board had the same problem and it turned out the I/O controller for the ethernet port went south.

I just purchased and unwrapped it last night.

Broke out the box. Anyway to test the controller?

I also noticed that after I try and install the drivers it says "the parameter is incorrect"

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonio8
View Post

I just purchased and unwrapped it last night.

Broke out the box. Anyway to test the controller?

I also noticed that after I try and install the drivers it says "the parameter is incorrect"

I really wish I knew what the problem was. Have you tried just setting the bios defaults and seeing if you can install the drivers? Have you cleared the bios?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
O.k. Here is something weird I just noticed.

After clearing bios and on the reboot I noticed that the lights on the ethernet port are blinking. So I know it is working and getting power.

But once it gets pass the windows splash screen all the lights go off. And nothing happens.

So some how from that point forward there is no power to the ethernet ports. (Or that is how I am guessing this is working.)

So there must be some setting somewhere disabling the ports besides in the bios perph screen.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bump

Can anyone help me.

I took the mobo back and the new one is doing the exact same thing.

I disable one of the ports in the bios and this made the one I left enabled where the activity light will stay on now ut i still can get the driver to install. I always get the "parameter is incorrect" message. It even happens with a wireless card card install.

Now my windows is a not genuine copy since I can not connect to the internet. Yes it is a retail copy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts