Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have LAN Port #1 plugged into my Modem.

Then I have LAN port #2 plugged into my PS3.

However, my PS3 can't get Internet access using the LAN cable. It detects the new Network...and if I right click on it, go to properties, and enable the file-sharing thing, it puts them on the same Network, and says I have Internet Access, however, I don't have it on my PC...or PS3, but I can connect PS3 Media Server to it.

Also, the second one is only running @ 100MB/, supposed to be dual 1GB/s, so I figured I'd find out how to do that Teaming thing, supposed to make them do 2GB/s so both would split 1GB/s I imagine?

Any advice on how to get both Internet access on my PS3 with this, and stream to it with the PS3 Media Server?

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
What exactly do you hope to gain by NIC teaming?

Y u no have router for multiple LAN clients?
You would need to enable Internet Connection Sharing for your PS3 to get interwebz if your PC is hanging directly off of the modem.

·
Registered
953 Posts
UNLESS you have a switch that supports the Gigabit teaming on the other end (likely some sort of trunking) ... which is going to be an EXPENSIVE switch, there's absolutely zero point in teaming the NICS. It's extremely unlikely that you are going to have enough network traffic going in and out of the computer to saturate a 1gbps connection (assuming your router/switch it's connected to is gigabit).

Like beers said, unless ICS is enabled, the PS3 won't have any Internet connection through the PC

Also ... The PS3 likely doesn't have gigabit and the network card attached to it is auto negotiating to 100mbps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts