Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a nice pc from compaq (so i thought), i first wanted to build my own pc but i discovered that its wasnt that big of a price difference.

Its a 3700 with 1gb ram a 6200 turbocache but a ****ty mobo
The fsb is clocked at 198.95 with the multiplier at 5x

Now the mobo is so ****ty i cant even go into the bios and change it now i just want to know if theres no other option to change those settings then to buy a new mobo.

I know it says in the oc beginners guide that with a pc from compaq u can count on these things and cant oc the mobo but i just wanna make sure thnx

· Premium Member
15,625 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchBoy

I bought a nice pc from compaq (so i thought), i first wanted to build my own pc but i discovered that its wasnt that big of a price difference.

Its a 3700 with 1gb ram a 6200 turbocache but a ****ty mobo
The fsb is clocked at 198.95 with the multiplier at 5x

Now the mobo is so ****ty i cant even go into the bios and change it now i just want to know if theres no other option to change those settings then to buy a new mobo.

I know it says in the oc beginners guide that with a pc from compaq u can count on these things and cant oc the mobo but i just wanna make sure thnx

Just out of curiosity, what ram and power supply was included in this machine?

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472

Just out of curiosity, what ram and power supply was included in this machine?

Ram: Micron Tech. (16VDDT6464AY-40BG6) 2x 512 unbuffered 200mhz

Power supply: Bestec 300W

Ok throttling mmm... never knew that. Well then i guess its either my ram or gpu thats bottlenecking my system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.