Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
Stay away from my board (780i). I bought it as an impulse buy when they didn't have the 750i P5N-D in stock, and anti'd up the $260+taxes for it. I get home and check some reviews and get scared. And now I think I am going to have to RMA, like apparently 80% of people who bought this board. And I even got the newest revision that comes with the newest bios.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
a1 has lifetime warranty, t1 has like 2 years. a1 MAY also have more sata/usb ports im not sure. But if its a small difference in price pay it for the life time warranty. I have the T1 because i didnt know better but i would have payed the extra $20 for a life time warranty for sure.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got the UD3P and it does allow SLI (8x & 8x) or single at 16x. It has amazing reviews, cheap price. Not to mention, on this site alone, the amount of people who have a Q6600 on a UD3P OCed like crazy... AND they have a 3 year warranty.

Check out the reviews on them at least!! I have heard next to nothing bad and they hold their own Overclocking challenges where they use Liquid Nitrogen and stuff, the company itself understands the demand for more and people want to OC, so from what I have read and IMO they are concentrating on making a more solid mobo with solid capacitors, and a 2oz copper inner layer to reduce heat. I could go on for awhile longer... and this is my first time ever straying away from the trusted Asus mobos.

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulingko View Post
I got the UD3P and it does allow SLI (8x & 8x) or single at 16x. It has amazing reviews, cheap price. Not to mention, on this site alone, the amount of people who have a Q6600 on a UD3P OCed like crazy... AND they have a 3 year warranty.

Check out the reviews on them at least!! I have heard next to nothing bad and they hold their own Overclocking challenges where they use Liquid Nitrogen and stuff, the company itself understands the demand for more and people want to OC, so from what I have read and IMO they are concentrating on making a more solid mobo with solid capacitors, and a 2oz copper inner layer to reduce heat. I could go on for awhile longer... and this is my first time ever straying away from the trusted Asus mobos.
this is not correct the UD3P does NOT allow SLI.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulingko View Post

Ummm, check your manual. It does Crossfire but not SLI.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksilv3r View Post
Ummm, check your manual. It does Crossfire but not SLI.
Ok sorry, I misunderstood the terms then, but thats why I listed at what speeds they are running at. Im aware it wont run at 16X & 16X.

But the difference from dual 8X running cards, to dual 16X running cards, is very minimal from what I have read. Not to mention they say its cheaper to run 1 good vid card as apposed to 2 at half the value.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
My thread is "Need a new board" and the Gigabyte UD3P is what was recommended to me. I bought it. Like Mulingko said cheak out the reviews on this thing. Amazing.. I think I paid $144 shiped I belive there is a rebate but I don't count that.
Nice !!! I paid like 180$ in stores... so you got a good deal for sure. And like I said before, those fancy blue heat shields on the NB and the other thing, get rid of them.
I put mine in a zip-lock bag incase I need to RMA, then I can put them back on

·
Registered
65 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcjunkies1 View Post
Get a ASUS Formula II easy to play with ,overclock i loved it.
Good advice when the guy already said he bought it and its being shipped! And not to mention the results of the voting... UD3P for the win!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts