Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been debating on this for awhile now, and I've finally decided to give in to the temptation. I went and bought myself the Dell 2405FPW monitor. I probably won't see it for a couple of weeks because I went through AAFES (Army Air Force Exchange Service) who get's it from Dell. I spent $824.25 (tax isn't included as one of our service member benefits) and free shipping. On top of that I applied for a AAFES credit card and get another 10% off of the price. So it comes out to around 740 which is a great price for that monitor in my opinion. I'm just going to transfer the balance of that card to one of my lower ones and I'll be set.

I'm so happy.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about going with that one too. I kept thinking about it and with my wedding coming up soon, I'm pretty sure the wife won't let me have it. So I bought it now, and there really is no argument to contend with after that.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorLCA

At least you know the monitor will always love you now matter what you do

True, true. Unless I spill something on it then it'll start yelling at me and try to set the house on fire.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
so did you order through aafes.com or through the power zone on base?

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AAFES, it's much easier than having to talk to people and describing what you want if they don't have a good catalog to order from. I looked through the AAFES catalog and it didn't list any Dell components from what I could see.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I thought so... the new catalog doesnt really have anything I want... the power zone usually has great prices but its on stuff not worth buying, for me anyway...

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.aafes.com

Remember if you apply for a Star card, you get 10% for the whole first day of your purchases. Then you can transfer the balance over to a lower APR card.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
yeah, I know the site... when I say catalog I meant the physical catalog and the site, for the most part... just nothing I want at the moment

and I dont plan on getting a star card, I dont have any credit cards and I wont for as long as I can hold out...

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got the monitor in and installed. The only thing that I can say about it so far is that this thing is big. However, it does take up less real estate than my old 19" did. So far I'm happy.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Does it have good performance in games and such? I'm thinking about buying a 24'' monitor myself, and that was among my choices.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ran NFSMW just to test out the display and see if there was any visible "ghosting". I'm happy to say there isn't. It runs about as smooth as it did with my CRT. However, there isn't a widescreen mode in that game so everything was a little stretched. I've still got to test out my media card slots and the USB ports. Other than that I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'll be sure to do a proper review of it over the weekend if I've got the time to do so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.