Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a new monitor in the next couple of months.
My current monitor is a Samsung 1200p at 60Hz, I had a 1440p qnix that did 110Hz, until my son broke it years ago.
Now, nothing is wrong with what I'm currently using, yeah there are some scratches on out from being through a ton of moves, but they're not really noticeable when gaming, which is what I mainly use my pc for.
I don't "need" to upgrade, but I just got a second job, so you know how that goes.
Anyway, I'm looking for input on a new monitor, I was thinking about going for the asus that's 1440p at 144 Hz, but have read a lot of problems with that unit.
I'm not in Hurry, so I can wait to get something perfect, price it's nitty much off an issue, as I can out side roughly $400 a month towards this purchase, but would prefer if possible to keep the cost to $650 or less, this is negotiable upon hire good the monitor is however, my Samsung is almost nine years old, and still looks good.
I'm looking at this as an investment for the future which I can enjoy daily.
Edit: or, I could buy two other off the monitor I currently have, ave off course modify the bezel, and go multi

·
Registered
893 Posts
I actually own the Acer Predator xb271hu and I love it. It's like the twin of the Asus monitor minus quality issues.

I do admit I've been using my 49 inch Philips 4K television a lot more due to resolution. Not really meant for shooter games but for everything else like MMO, websurfing, etc It's pretty darn awesome.

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiros View Post

I actually own the Acer Predator xb271hu and I love it. It's like the twin of the Asus monitor minus quality issues.

I do admit I've been using my 49 inch Philips 4K television a lot more due to resolution. Not really meant for shooter games but for everything else like MMO, websurfing, etc It's pretty darn awesome.
That's a nice monitor, a little pricey, but I can make it work if that's the best there it's for what I an running on my pc.
Although, I am wondering how it stacks up against those Korean monitors.
144hz is indeed nice, just don't know if I would be able to pull off that high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts