Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my fancy GA-EP45-UD3P (yes, I'm still on 775) and I installed it without a hitch. Now I now that normally you can't put in a new component like that without having some issues with windows, and needless to say, every time I try to boot into W7 it goes to the little boot logo, then freezes and BSODs. Then I went and ran the repair tool, tried again, and it didn't work. Is there something in the BIOS that I need to change, or am I going to need to reinstall or something? =\

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
744 Posts
You're gonna need a fresh install man. Sorry to tell ya.

• Rep+
Reactions: Epona

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
First off, reset your bios. If you cant locate the reset jumper, just pull the battery and unplug the PC from the wall. Push the power switch on the case to discharge the caps. If this doesnt work, try booting into safe mode by hitting F8 before the windows splash screen shows up.

It is possible to just swap hardware, including motherboards with windows 7, you however need to remove the drivers before hand. If you can boot into safe mode, remove any motherboard and chipset drivers associated with your old board, and then install the new ones. If the source of your problem is a driver conflict, this should fix it.

• Rep+
Reactions: Epona

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattb2e
View Post

First off, reset your bios. If you cant locate the reset jumper, just pull the battery and unplug the PC from the wall. Push the power switch on the case to discharge the caps. If this doesnt work, try booting into safe mode by hitting F8 before the windows splash screen shows up.

It is possible to just swap hardware, including motherboards with windows 7, you however need to remove the drivers before hand. If you can boot into safe mode, remove any motherboard and chipset drivers associated with your old board, and then install the new ones. If the source of your problem is a driver conflict, this should fix it.

I'll try this, thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmRose
View Post

You're gonna need a fresh install man. Sorry to tell ya.

No he does not, you dont need to reinstall windows in order to swap motherboards in windows 7.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epona
View Post

Okay then. That's unfortunate. Thanks guys.

refer to my previous post, a reinstall is not necessary.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I'll try this, thanks.

Cool, let us know how it goes.

• Rep+
Reactions: Genzel

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Okay, it worked, thank goodness.
Then I had some problems with my mouse and keyboard... but it did work, thanks a lot!

Cool, glad I could help, enjoy your new motherboard

• Rep+
Reactions: AdmRose

·
Registered
744 Posts
Wow, Mattb2e FTW

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmRose