Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Black Friday coming, I started to look for some motherboards with good VRM phase designs, and found a couple. Almost everything is better than my 5+1, but I wanted to see what you guys would recommend. I'm trying to push my overclocks to a stable 4.9 for i7 Skylake, problem is my current board's VRM will overheat under heavy stress in about 1-2 minutes.

What motherboard would you recommend that would not have VRM overheating problems even at 4.8+? Nothing TOO expensive, I'm looking at around $200 USD max. Z170 or Z270 is fine, I use Windows 7. Good BIOS options would be great as well.

·
IT Profeshnul
2,294 Posts
The ASUS STRIX Z270E is a good option. Asus claims themselves it does 5.0GHz plus and it is $200 right now, will probably drop on Micro Center's Black Friday.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheN00bBuilder View Post

The ASUS STRIX Z270E is a good option. Asus claims themselves it does 5.0GHz plus and it is $200 right now, will probably drop on Micro Center's Black Friday.
Looked at the E, looks nice. Read up a bit on it, is it true the Z270F is exactly the same as Z270E - wireless connectivity?

·
IT Profeshnul
2,294 Posts
From what I could tell, yes, that seems to be the only difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts