Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I posted on an earlier thread, but no one seem to able to help me. I Bought two HIS Radeon 4670 1gb. on my old Asus m3a78-T. The Crossfire was recognized. Then i switched to MSI Platinum edition. and then my xfire couldn't be recognized. Now I went and bought another M3a78-T motherboard. My hd seemed to not want to boot up, so i had to reinstall Vista 32b/home premium. I installed one video card first. the newest and the catalyst drivers etc.. i installed a couple of vista updates. then shut down. I inserted my other video card. And it still for some reason, cannot be recognized. If i switch vid card, both works, but seperately. The fan works, and everything, but catalyst still doesnt show me that I can enable Crossfire. I mean. Its not even in there..... any one have any suggestion. PLEASE IM DESPERATE.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the newest ccc, 9.2 but I am about to flash the bios.. I read sumthing on the manual, but instead of installed the 4670.. it installed the integrated video card, which was the ATI HD 3300... but on catalyst, it still doesn't show that I can enable crossfire..

·
Overclock? What?
3,247 Posts
Honestly man I would just go and do an uninstall. Then have both of your cards inserted with crossfire bridge and then install drivers. Works for me everytime.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, i just updated my mobo bios from 0208 to 0802.. the most uptodate. Now im goin to try to uninstall, and reinstall both at the same time.. thanks for all the help, but if this doesn't work, does n e one else have any idea?

·
Registered
565 Posts
you can clean out your drivers. Uninstall catalyst completely then wipe out the remains. Then insert both card in and reinstall. Or you can reformat. That will most likely solve it, but you have to reformat computer. First method didn't work for me when I couldn't enable CF but it might work for you.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Have you disable your onbaord video in the BIOS?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i've fixed it. Had to switch the card that i installed in the last pci-e to the second pci-e. But it doesn't give me much space between each card, but a piece of paper space. but it enabled xfire, but only running 16x/4x. which is fine i guess.. It gives me 75+fps running age of conan on full setting, then one card giving me 45-50fps. Only thing is, my main card now runs hotter then b4, running at 60c while playin aoc. and runnin 45-c on idle.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh and my rig specs is

x2 athlon 6000+ 3.1ghz oc'ed now to 3.3ghz w/stock fan & heat sinks
2x 1066 ocz gold 4gb ram
2x ati radeon hd 4670 1gb xfired
asus m3a78-t motherboard'
box raidmax dragon 4x cpu/pci/hd fans.
psu coolmax spider 550w

1 - 11 of 11 Posts