Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm coming from an MX518, so my next mouse would obviously have big shoes to fill. My MX518 is on the verge of kicking the bucket as there is a short in the usb cable near the mouse. If my attempt at opening the mouse and resoldering fails, I'm gonna need a new mouse. I want a mouse that is as simple and sweet as my MX518 was, but now I kinda want something wireless. Are wireless mouses still acceptable for gaming? Do they have gaming-grade wireless mouses? Is bluetooth fast? Throw your suggestions out there.

EDIT: How about a bluetooth keyboard mouse combo guys? My pc is connected to my tv so I kinda wanted to play on that too. The problem there is that most of the bluetooth desktop devices are only oriented around a desktop experience, including ten thousand extra scroll wheels and shortcut keys that I never use. Is there a bluetooth gaming combo? Is bluetooth good enough for gaming? If it's good enough for wii and (i think) ps3, it should be okay for pc, right? I would like to try playing WoW or some other RPG on my coffee table on my 50" tv.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
They call it gaming grade wireless but I wouldn't take a wireless gaming mouse even for free. If you like the Logitech shape why not get a G500 or similar. Other mice with _kinda_ similar shape include the Mionix 5000 and the Roccat Kone

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spade616
View Post

Rzer mamba or logitech G700. to be honest, wireless mice these days are as good as wired ones. i know cuz i game with one. only prob is the battery life. if you forget to recharge then it shuts off, youre F'ed. lol

Ive had wireless mouse for over 5 years, I can never go back to wired.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLChris View Post
Ive had wireless mouse for over 5 years, I can never go back to wired.
yeah wireless mice are great. some ppl just cant accept that theyre as good as wired in terms of responsiveness. talk about living in the past lol.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
It best for you to go to a store and see if they have some on display.See how they fit in your hand. Because one might fight good in another person hand, but fit horrible in yours.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Only a moron with no clue about mice would buy a Mamba...

I know, because I was stupid enough to do it...

Get a XAI...

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I have nothing against razer mouses, really. It's just my personal opinion that they look ugly. That being said, I've never even picked up a razer mouse in my whole life.

So it seems like my choice is down to a g500 and a g700. The 500 is cheaper and wired and simpler (fewer buttons; i like). The 700 is wireless (I like, but is it going to be good for gaming?), pretty expensive, and a ton of buttons I know I won't use (which I don't hate, but simple is always nice.)

I've loved every logitech product I've ever owned (and I've owned quite a few). For me It seems like Logitech is the best balance between gaming and desktop performance, without having their products look like ugly, cocky, LED-ridden gaming mice.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eurostyle360 View Post
Now I have nothing against razer mouses, really. It's just my personal opinion that they look ugly. That being said, I've never even picked up a razer mouse in my whole life.

So it seems like my choice is down to a g500 and a g700. The 500 is cheaper and wired and simpler (fewer buttons; i like). The 700 is wireless (I like, but is it going to be good for gaming?), pretty expensive, and a ton of buttons I know I won't use (which I don't hate, but simple is always nice.)

I've loved every logitech product I've ever owned (and I've owned quite a few). For me It seems like Logitech is the best balance between gaming and desktop performance, without having their products look like ugly, cocky, LED-ridden gaming mice.
Check out the XAI, seems to be what you're after...

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
razer deathadder

·
Registered
815 Posts
I had an MX518, and was looking at the Steel Series Xai for a while. I mean it's wired but it's awesome at the same time. A lot of people have huge speculation over it, but it's mint. Price might set you back a bit though that's the problem.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about a bluetooth keyboard mouse combo guys? My pc is connected to my tv so I kinda wanted to play on that too. The problem there is that most of the bluetooth desktop devices are only oriented around a desktop experience, including ten thousand extra scroll wheels and shortcut keys that I never use. Is there a bluetooth gaming combo? Is bluetooth good enough for gaming? If it's good enough for wii and (i think) ps3, it should be okay for pc, right? I would like to try playing WoW or some other RPG on my coffee table on my 50" tv.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Getting a bluetooth combo is probably the worst decision you can make. Any bluetooth combo anything is bad. Buy them separately for wireless if needed although I would never willingly recommend anything wireless for any gaming (at least not with the stuff currently available)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashau View Post
Getting a bluetooth combo is probably the worst decision you can make. Any bluetooth combo anything is bad. Buy them separately for wireless if needed although I would never willingly recommend anything wireless for any gaming (at least not with the stuff currently available)
Damn.. why is that?

On a side not, I managed to fix my mouse. Now the idea of warcraft on my tv is getting me excited lol

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
I recommend the Razer DeathAdder 1800dpi (which I use). It's one of the best (if not the best) sensors ever released, and the shape is tried and true. Think of a sleeker Intellimouse 3.0. Mine is also 3 years and going strong.

If I were to upgrade my deathadder, the RAT7 would be my choice. It looks strange, but is very very tweakable, has a solid sensor (other than some lift-off quirks that don't affect me), and believe it or not is comfortable. The sniper button on the side to lower DPI is a really creative addition that I like.

Skip the wireless imo. If you must go wireless, the 2 mice I mentioned have wireless counterparts for twice the price, the Mamba and RAT9.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm in a similar situation: PC connected to TV, wanting to upgrade mouse and keyboard and wanting wireless so I can use it across the room. After weighing up the pros and cons of wired/wireless I'm currently considering getting a wired gaming mouse/keyboard for my desktop for when I want to game, and then getting a cheaper wireless setup for the coffee table. I'm thinking this might be the best of both worlds, and still probably come out cheaper than a wireless gaming setup. Does that sound like a good idea? Note, I wasn't planning on gaming on the wireless from the couch, mainly just for web, playing music/vids etc. Of course if it worked decently I would also occaisionaly game. Distance would be less than 5 meters.

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
I went from a Mx518 to a Xai and love it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts