Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, a few months ago I was looking for a mouse and bought a Razer Abyssus 2014. I like the mouse and I don't have to many complaints about the mouse, but, I was looking to replace it because of Synapse (we all know the story so no need to waste time). So i thought of coming to a forum and ask about suggestions and this was the one I liked the most and seemed the most knowledgeable.

Now to the questions:

1. What's your grip style? It depends, if I'm playing I'll use a sort of fingertip/claw grip. If I'm just browsing the net, relaxing in a game I'll use a more relaxed palm grip or just with the hand relaxed on the mouse. EDIT I also have a smaller than usual hand so a small mouse would be best.

2. What's your sensitivity? 800 DPI/CPI

3. What's your maximum budget? Ideally, I would like to spend 30 pounds but could go up to 60 pounds.

4. Do you want additional buttons? If it would not interfere with the way I hold me mouse or just add problems, I would not mind having 2 side buttons, but ideally none.

5. What games do you play? Mostly Starcraft, some CS:GO and every other kind of game to relax.

6. Do you mind about prediction? I really don't have an opinion about this due to the fact that I am really inexperienced with peripherals (AKA noob). But, if it does not interfere with my ability to be precise and if it was not noticeable, I wouldn't mind, but I would rather not have it at all.

7. Other relevant information: I would like an ambidextrous mouse but a right ergonomic would be good as well. I needs to be light around or less the weight of the abyssus with light responsive buttons that don't cause fatigue (including any additional buttons or wheel), driverless would be ideal and with onboard memory.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it is a silly reason, but I just feel, lets say uncomfortable having Synapse installed. The mouse feels weird while Synapse it's on (can't really say what, just feels weird, something that I never felt with my previous mouse) and also because of that ToS/EULA that let's them gather information on you and provide it to other entities and people , might be exaggerated but makes me uncomfortable. It is pity that that is the reason because it is a good mouse.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can try using QL mouse filter to change the dpi on the Abyssus rather than Synapse. It basically scales the counts it receives according to your settings. So 0.444 for 800 dpi with the Abyssus 2014 at default settings.
http://accel.drok-radnik.com/

Other wise, I'd suggest Avior 7k, Zowie FK1 / FK2, Logitech G302.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts