Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna get a PS3

but should i get old 'fat' style or the 'new' slim one

I like the old one and how it looks, but the new one is quieter... I value both equally... i need more distinguishing things to ehlp [email protected]!

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
Quieter? Is that even possible? I don't hear my PS3 at all (fat one).

I'd just get whichever is cheaper; unless of course your looking for backwards compatibility then you'd need to get an original 20/60GB model or 80GB which used software for it.

·
discontent laypleb
430 Posts
My fat ps3 is great it looks alot better and feels more heavy going and chunky (in my opinion good) i would get the cheapest one as they are both the same spec i think

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Unless you want backwards compatibility or you want to install Linux on it, then I'd get the newer slim one. But you honestly couldn't go wrong with either one. I have a fat PS3 and love it

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have a 'fat' PS3 and the noise coming from it is very quiet. I can only hear it during the loading time between games or when no music is playing, even then it's still quiet.

It completely depends on which one you can find cheaper, my guess would be the 'fat' and as it's bigger it should have better airflow. If you want backwards compatibility with PS2 games, make sure you get one which supports it as not all do. I think it's all PS3s with a 60GB+ hard drive, it was the case when I bought mine anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts