Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my video card back from rma and a new PSU to go with it, so I pop in my P4 550 into my ECS pf21 mobo and startup everything.
But although everything powers on I dont get any video input on the monitor.

There are no bios beeps so I tried resetting the cmos, switching the ram modules, and finally putting everything in my new P5DW2 Premium mobo I got from sladesurfer but still the exact same problems.

I really not sure whats wrong, any ideas?

PS the video card works, I tried it in my brothers 939 rig and everything working fine.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
First step is to make your monitor is plugged in and turned on.

2nd would be make sure you got your PCI-E connected to your card.

I'm not sure about that board, but make sure you have all the power cables connected to the mobo..

Its a step i've forgotten, I admit

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the PCIe card is well plugged in and is getting power from a shielded 6pin connector so it should be getting some solid power, the fan is spinning to.
The monitor is on but the light is on power saving I guess (orange light), and finally I got the 8 pin and 24 pin power mobo connectors plugged in along with a 4 pin molex (the mobo light turns on too).

did a jumper and battery cmos reset and still nothing.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Anything shorting out on the back of your mobo?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what really gets me as I dont get any bios beeps so everything should be working right?

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
thats what happened to my friend who got a bad mobo, the fans come on, lights, everything, but no video... if nothing else works, RMA it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Funny thing happened before I was going to test the other mobo. I went ahead and plugged in my psu voltage reader and got no 12v2 rail for the SATA and molex connectors but got it on the PCIe and 8pin mobo connector.
I would explain this due to the fact that the video card has its own rail for stability but I really dont know much when it comes to PSU's, so what do you guys think?

Also if my cpu was dead my computer shouldnt turn on right?
Cause what I get are fully functioning PSU fans, video card fans and HSF's along with mobo lights.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
If you let it run (if you have it auto logon, or if you can 'guess' where to click to log on) , can you hear it log on? Or try taking out all the ram to see if it actually does beep.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dont have auto logon and the sounds are disabled. Tried 2 different monitors both of which work fine with another computer.

Removed the ram on both and got nothing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts