Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a AMD Athlon 3000+ skt 754 just sitting in my room. I feel like doing something with it, just got the urge to build a computer or spend some money.
I need soem suggestions on parts. I have the CPU and a HD already. I need a board, ram psu, and HSF, and like a decent video card, not the best but not the worst, just middle. Want to keep this build pretty cheap, nothing to expensive, will not really be doing anything with it, just for basic use. Any suggestions are fine. I know i am ***ue though when I say want it cheap, just not looking to spend to much, kind of low on cash right now. Thanks

EDIT: Got what case, board, HSF, ram, vid card, and burner that I want. Still need PSU.

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
#3 is good also. For a motherboard, how about this?
Maybe throw a decent X1600 or X1650 in there with a gig of value ram, and that would not be a bad machine.

Edit: We both have 4600's and SLI 7600s! Awesome.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the suggestions, was thinking case 3, frys has it same price, miht get it there.

Mine is AM2 though, don't think yours is, and you have the 7600 GT KO, i just 7600 gt, but still odd non the less.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think I am gonna go with the Thermaltake case.
Also board doesn't need SATA, the HD is PATA, but coul dbe upgraded later on.
Anyone had experience with that board, has some bad reviews.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, think I got the HSF and Burner, but still not sure on the ram, PSU, and possible vid card, or board.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: K092084

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
I see another folder in my crystal ball

The 6100 series MBs by Biostar are rather amazing and reasonably priced!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke
I see another folder in my crystal ball

The 6100 series MBs by Biostar are rather amazing and reasonably priced!

Most likely so. I have an old rappy del optiplex 200, sitting on the floor of room, use it here and there for odd things, thing i am gonna try to sell soem stuff from it, and make this replace it on the floor. Had the processor sitting on my desk for a couple months now, and I feel like doing something, build something or spending money, which is not good, don't have money to spend, still paying for the computer in my specs. I could pay it all, but don't feel like it.
Still need a good PSU, would it be better to just buy a new one for the rig in specs, and then put the antec in this one, being built?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Yeah, but you can get everything off their website. Also the bios in the tforce comes with a built in memtest and a plethora of overclocking options.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, I figured, One last thing, I need a PSU, what is a good one, thats not to expensive. Or would it be better to just buy a new for my current rig in specs, and use the antec 550w for this pc being built?
Are the Ultra PSU any good?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, then I guess i will be getting that PSU. Gonna cost me about $250 or so, with the case i am gonna get, but not getting vid card. Not at the moment, just gonna use the onboard for now. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
NP man, the onboard isn't bad at all on that board...it'll run cs source at like..800x600 with the right memory and whatnot.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts