Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just recieved all the parts for my new pc. It is what is described in my sig. I've read most of the stuff about overclocking but I'm still sorta confused. Do I just raise the HTT mhz until the system won't boot or crashes? Once it crashes what do I raise? The DDR voltage/timings? The cpu voltage? Also I read before that rasing your mhz also affects the pci and agp slots. I don't want to fry my video card so do I have to do anything with the pci and agp slots?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yeh, overclocking is raised by raising your FSB. When you get to a point where you can't boot, then try raising your CPU volt if your load temperatures are still below 55C. You could raise your timings too, by loosening them up. but that also reduces speed so it should be a last resort thing to do. Also raise your DDR volt to 2.8. As for the PCI, as long as it's under 228MHZ FSB then you have nothing to worry about. After that, you have to make sure your PCI/AGP freq is locked to 66/33 MHz

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I've got mine to 2.5 up from 2.2Ghz with crappy RAM and a copper HS. You should be able to get that at least.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it ok to use dividers for the memory speed? I thought I read that was bad on AMD systems.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are the A64 3200s multiplier locked? if theyre not, you can certainly use that to OC your cpu as well, w/o having to worry about your fsb.

Another thing to remember is that increasing your fsb overclocks your ram, usually. so be sure your ram can handle it or take your ram out of sync w/ your fsb so that it doesnt increase w/ the fsb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts