Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Looks like Phanteks are listening to feedback. What do you guys think? I'd highly recommend for current owners of Evolv ATX that watercool to give further feedback to Phanteks on their twitter @Phanteks or their Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Phanteks/ I hope we can help them make the case the best it can be.

·
Amiga 500
3,662 Posts
The case is truly perfect..The only feedback I'd like to give is for Phanteks to release top/front airflow panels for the previous Evolv models too - that would make me a happy potato :D

Its like the Define R6 and previous Evolv ATX had a child
LOOOOOOOL...how true , indeed

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Wow they are finally starting to get it right. The block out panels for unused fan ports is excellent as recycling air is a serious issue in all cases but especially in the new solid front panels and glass sides trend.

·
Avid Memer
5,953 Posts
Fantastic looking case. I can't wait for case manufacturers to stop making their products more expensive with RGB LEDs. The Corsair 280X RGB is $50 more expensive than the variant that doesn't come with RGB, or about a 45% markup.

I doubt they will release revised panels for increased airflow on previous Evolv cases. Instead, they'll probably release a refresh with most of these improvements.

My favorite feature is the ability to house a secondary mITX system. Perfect for streamer who want to have the ultimate streaming setup without having two cases taking up space. I know other cases have this capability, but they don't look this sleek.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Fantastic looking case. I can't wait for case manufacturers to stop making their products more expensive with RGB LEDs. The Corsair 280X RGB is $50 more expensive than the variant that doesn't come with RGB, or about a 45% markup.

I doubt they will release revised panels for increased airflow on previous Evolv cases. Instead, they'll probably release a refresh with most of these improvements.

My favorite feature is the ability to house a secondary mITX system. Perfect for streamer who want to have the ultimate streaming setup without having two cases taking up space. I know other cases have this capability, but they don't look this sleek.
or you are like me and have a spouse who likes to game as well but doesn't want a second computer in the house. I'm wondering if that bracket is going to be available for purchase separate. I may try to mod it into my M8

·
Registered
38 Posts
The price is steep but it looks like a ton of features were added. I'm glad they addressed many customer complaints.

I don't think I will upgrade though. I've already added a top and front vented panel from modmymods to my Evolv ATX

·
Avid Memer
5,953 Posts
or you are like me and have a spouse who likes to game as well but doesn't want a second computer in the house. I'm wondering if that bracket is going to be available for purchase separate. I may try to mod it into my M8
I am not married. Sounds like they need an HTPC-style gaming PC.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Awesome case for sure. My only gripe is that the 3.5" drives are visible from the side whereas in the R6 they are hidden out of site. Not an issues if you don't have 3.5" drives, but I need space for at least 3-4. It will be a tough decision between this, the R6, and the Lain Li OC11 Air for my new case.

·
Moderately Ancient
369 Posts
Release a version without the hideous RGB crap and ill gladly upgrade from my Enthoo Pro M.

·
Registered
66 Posts
As a current Evolv TG owner:

Overall its pretty awesome. A lot of the interior changes are really welcomed and appreciated. It looks like Phanteks listed to a lot of the feedback in the community.

Now with that said there are some negatives... For one the rad tray up top still needs to be blocked off in some way or the dreaded heat loop will still be an issue. Speaking of heat, while the cooling is "better" I still don't think it's 100% there. I mean that as in I wouldn't expect this to preform better then my current evolv with Modmymods' panels. I have a full custom loop with 2 rads in mine and you'd really be surprised how much heat is cranked out and cut off. Maybe the solution is to offer an airflow like variant or 1st party replacement panels. This case is like 80% of the way there, just make the damn holes bigger.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's like they read my mind with all the complaints. Even minor gripes like the slide out top fan mount. It needed 5 tiny (you know you will lose them) screws and the way it slid out was janky at best.

I have the Evolv ATX TG and love the case. The construction is very solid. The frame is rigid and the panels are thick, so it's definitely worth the $190 price tag. Only increasing it by $10 is nice to see given that they made so many improvements to the case.

I'm currently mulling over a separate PC build for streaming/media server. This case with the additional ITX board would actually be ideal. The only thing is I don't think there's room to use their Power Splitter (like in other dual PCs cases they have) and still use the 2 hidden drive cages. I guess they'll be pushing their Revolt X, which I assume will launch at the same time. Since I already have a beefy PSU, not sure if I want to buy another one.

I do want this case when it comes out, but being in Canada, I know I'm going to have to wait. It's probably for the best as I want to see if the airflow is vastly improved and note other things to watch out for when building 2 PCs in this case.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts