Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first build with non cheep/out dated parts. So I wanted to do things right, and try my hand in new things.I have been able to OC it to 3.6 already. It is stable and runs betwen 34c-36c and the most I have seen it hit is 41c under load so far.

So I am sure I could squeeze some more out of it.
I am unsure of how to do this. I have read everything I could, and I think its just slipping though my head on how to do this.

I put the Multiplier x18.0 and had lowered the voltage some and it is very stable. If I change the Multiplier any higher, it blue screens. Same with the value for the Multiplier, also with any combo with the voltage. I have seen in others posts their HT link is around 2,000. I have no idea where in the BIOS to change that if that will make a difference.

Any ideas? I also know I can change the RAM settings some, but I think that is also me grasping for straws and drawing a blank.

I'll post some pictures too! Thanks in advance! I enjoy reading everything so far. I can't tell you how much I have learned already. I'm just ready for more.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
set your ram timings manually. and it should let you push it further. and when you want to push further 3.8, lower the ram speed by a level, time them manually and add more voltages to your cpu, ram and northbridge. then it's about time you start increasing the bus.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.