Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone first time i've posted on the Mobile phones forum but I thought I'd give it a go seeing as I'm about to get a new phone and i'm a bit unsure what to get. Btw I'm from the UK

Okay my choices were basically the Tmobile G2 Touch (HTC Hero)
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobil...ouch/overview/

The Samsung Tocco Ultra Edition S8300
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobil...8300/overview/

Or

The Samsung Pixon (M8800) Silver
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobil...lver/overview/

Now I wanted to get the Samsung Pixon originally but it's a bit old now but it is the cheapest and does have quite a few features.... But then I discovered the G1. Really wanted one and was checking on the tmobile website and discovered the G2 had just come out so obviously I'd want to get one of these instead but it doesn't have a few odd things. EG Flash for the camera ,zoom or the qwerty keyboard which the G1 had.

Now the 2 samsungs pretty much just seem to be the same thing. I'm really unsure what to do here and would be really greatful if someone could guide me in the right direction
thanks!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm thanks guys just do you think it would be possible if you could just be a bit more specific on your reasons to why I should get this phone like VincentJ was
thanks!

·
OOF
4,916 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidshenlong
View Post

Hmm thanks guys just do you think it would be possible if you could just be a bit more specific on your reasons to why I should get this phone like VincentJ was
thanks!

I'd do it for the better plan, better battery and the unlimited internet.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm that's what I was thinking aswell. I mean I think I could get over the fact that the camera isn't 8megapixels and has no flash I mean it's not like I'd be buying it for that it for that... Hmmm decisions decisions!

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Hmm that's what I was thinking aswell. I mean I think I could get over the fact that the camera isn't 8megapixels and has no flash I mean it's not like I'd be buying it for that it for that... Hmmm decisions decisions!

True..if you don't need those things then go for the g2.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes, but how many times do you whip out your camera for a picture? None, now a phone. High quality phone camera's are FTW. Someone has to take HD images of those flying saucers!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm the thing is I don't NEED this things but I really would like emm. This is why I'm torn between phones.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
My friend has a tocco, and the screen is really great, as is the camera. The samsung pixon is a bit old now, and the camera really isn't as great as they advertised it to be.
A bit of a long shot here, but I have a little recommendation of my own - the SE C905. I've had mine for about a month, and it's just great - best phone camera out there, wifi, HSDPA, GPS and loads of other stuff I don't use
I get free phones on a contract as a perk of my job, so I've had lots of different high end models, and the c905 is the only phone I've ever had that I've had no complaints about.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Hmmm I'm starting to think I really am going to need a flash now...

That's something else to consider - if you're anything like me you'll want a light and a flash. My old LG viewty just had a flash, which was fine for taking pictures, but if you wanted to use it as a light, you had to keep the button half pressed, which was very tricky and annoying in the dark, which is of course exactly when you need a light

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I have a 5mp camera on my nokia and it really does suck balls because of that im never going to be sold on the cameras on phones. The lack of optical zoom mainly.

They are ok for casual pictures with friends but don't let the camera sway your choice.

Go for things like the input devices and the operating system, does the phone have a good keyboard/keypad or does it have a touch screen keyboard (is that any good?)?
How does the OS run? In the case of the HTC is uses android witch is very good.

• Rep+
Reactions: kidshenlong

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodpigeon4
View Post

My friend has a tocco, and the screen is really great, as is the camera. The samsung pixon is a bit old now, and the camera really isn't as great as they advertised it to be.
A bit of a long shot here, but I have a little recommendation of my own - the SE C905. I've had mine for about a month, and it's just great - best phone camera out there, wifi, HSDPA, GPS and loads of other stuff I don't use
I get free phones on a contract as a perk of my job, so I've had lots of different high end models, and the c905 is the only phone I've ever had that I've had no complaints about.

Hmmmm it does seem like a great phone and I always have been a fan of sony ericsson... Hmmm... now i'm even more confused!

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Hmmmm it does seem like a great phone and I always have been a fan of sony ericsson... Hmmm... now i'm even more confused!

Well, I can almost guarantee you won't be disappionted. I'll send you some photos I've taken with it if you want

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffries7
View Post

I have a 5mp camera on my nokia and it really does suck balls because of that im never going to be sold on the cameras on phones. The lack of optical zoom mainly.

They are ok for casual pictures with friends but don't let the camera sway your choice.

Go for things like the input devices and the operating system, does the phone have a good keyboard/keypad or does it have a touch screen keyboard (is that any good?)?
How does the OS run? In the case of the HTC is uses android witch is very good.

Thanks for the advice. I mean that's why I was thinking do I really want to not a buy a phone just because of a camera or vice versa? It just bothers me that if I ever have to take that casual picture what if there's poor lighting? I mean I could just borrow a friends phone but urgh.... The thing is I know the Tocco Ultra's a good phone I mean my friend has one and tbh the camera was the only way I could distinguish between the two. I mean hmm the ultra and G2 are both great phones I just don't know which one is better... Hmmm

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodpigeon4
View Post

Well, I can almost guarantee you won't be disappionted. I'll send you some photos I've taken with it if you want

Yes please

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodpigeon4 View Post
Pics here - I've taken better ones but I'm only on my laptop at the moment and my external hard drive is upstairs

Ooo wow some great pics.... Hmmm maybe I really do need a flash lol

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
They are very nice pictures but surely if you are that into photography to take pictures like that you should have a dedicated camera?

I am looking at the HTC hero atm as i want an upgrade from my N95, it looks like a great phone and looks like it works like a charm too.

If you want a fashion phone the best option is the LG GD900 Crystal.

• Rep+
Reactions: kidshenlong
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.