Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off this is my first custom build so it will be trial and error. I work offshore so its a slow pace build being im hardly ever home but that just means more money to blow on the build. In this build I hope to accomplish style, performance, and management. I just got the case in at the house but sadly as always im at work so ill have to wait till feb 8th before I can start modding the case. Being this is my first build I welcome any idea's on the build or changes to mods I have in mind. If I guess right im looking at about 6 to $8,000 USD on the tower alone. This is the case hardware as of now and ill be adding pictures as the case mods begin.

Case: NZXT Phantom Full Series Red Tower

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme/BATTLEFIELD 3 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Intel Motherboard with USB BIOS

CPU: Intel Core I7-3930K

GPU: 2x ASUS Radion HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x 16

PSU: Seasonic 1250W ATX 12V/Eps 12V

HD: 2x Western Digital Cavair Black 2TB 3.5 7200 RPM 2.5

SSD: 2x Corsair Force Series GT 240GB 2.5

Memory: 2x Corsair Dominator GT 16GB 240-Pin DDR3 SD Ram 2133 4x4 (32 Gigs Total)

Optical Drive #1: ASUS Black 12x BD-Rom 16x DVD-Rom 48x CD-Rom Sata Blu-Ray Drive

Optical Drive #2: Lite-On Black 12x BD-R 2x BD-RE 16x DVD-R 12x DVD-Ram 8x BD-Rom Sata 12x Blu-Ray Burner with Blu-Ray 3D

Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Essence ST 24-Bit 192KHz PCI Audio Card

Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry LX

Case Fans: Bitfenix Spectre Pro Series

Liquid Cooling: (Going to have 1 main loop and a smaller loop for ram cooling to prevent restriction)

(Main Loop)

Res/Pump: FrozenQ liquid fusion dual bay res with mcp35x pump

Radiators: Xspc Rx360 and Xspc Rx240

CPU Block: Xspc Raystorm

GPU Block: (Haven't decided being the gfx card just released not many companies have made a block for it yet)

Tubing: Primochill Primoflex PRO LRT 7/16 x 5/8

Fittings: Bitspower 7/16th Compression (Only fittings worth getting)

Second Loop:

Ram Block: 2x Xspc Dominator Gt 4 Slot Block (4 x 4 x 2 = 32 Gigs)

Res: FrozenQ 160MM Liquid Fusion V Series

Rad: Xspc Rx120

Pump: Swiftech Mcp35x PWM Controlled

Tubing: Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT 7/16 x 5/8

That's about it as far as hardware just hope I can mod the case enough to fit everything and still come out with a clean look. Ill get pictures up asap....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1387 View Post

This should be good.
For the 7970 blocks, I recommend the EK copper/plexi. They are dead sexy and keep mine lower than 40c during load.
Ek is good however the overall look vs minor cooling diffrence isn't enough for me to have a big copper block eye sore in the middle of my board lol
Quote:

I can te you now you will need a slim 360. The RX just will not fit. I went with an EX and Kaged(s) mount. Works great
The rads wont be in the case. Ill be adding a expansion bay below the tower to fit all 3 rads

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I wouldn't consider the copper an eyesore. And sub 40c OCd 1250/1720 are amazing temps if you ask me....

The only other option as of yet are the nickle blocks, which have a reputation for corroding.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I thought we were talking about GPU blocks...?

But yes, the Raystorm is a sexy looking block, and also shows the highest flow rate per dollar for any block out at the moment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

I thought we were talking about GPU blocks...?
But yes, the Raystorm is a sexy looking block, and also shows the highest flow rate per dollar for any block out at the moment.
Im hoping by the time I install the gpu's which will most likely be a month or two that other companies will have blocks out of them. XSPC raystorm gpu block with led's would be awesome:D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Now that is some serious hardware, subbed and good luck!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Subbed
thumb.gif

1 - 20 of 33 Posts