Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

Dude, Im so getting a PSP... its going to be the awesome, and should be out March 1

Portable with some graohics to i
t... I'm definitely getting it

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Its already out.. And its a waste of money. You cant get anything out of the PSP then you can a PS2.. Besides Nintendo DS is way better, and the market shows it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well just letting you lot know about it, ill be getting one, will make me want to take the bus more and leave the car at home

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_s_1

hehe, why do you thik they are a waste of money?

i think it's an impulse buy. it's not really a brand new item. nothing special other than the fact it's convenient. it's kinda like a mini ipod; less storage space, costs more, but it's smaller and comes in cute colors. same concept. personally i'd rather play gran turismo on a big a$$ tv with a killer sound system rather than playing it on a small, cramped, handheld console with headphones while you're on your lunchbreak at work. my

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
The PSP may be excellent eventually, but not at launch.

1. It's too damn big. If it doesn't fit in a shirt pocket, it's not as "portable" as they want you to believe. All successful handhelds have had this problem at launch, of course. Eventually the GB and GBA both shrunk down to truly portable sizes, but the PSP and the DS have some reengineering to do.

2. The battery life. OMG, it's only about four hours when playing a 3D game. That's just freaking pathetic.

3. Maybe no one else cares about this but me, but those of you who read my posts regularly know that I am strongly opposed to proprietary media formats. And here Sony comes again with yet another one. They are actually going to try and convince us to buy movies on this new disc format...puh-lease. What idiot would buy a movie that will work only on the PSP when they can buy it on a DVD that works everywhere? And Sony has said that they have no intention (as of now, anyway) of ever releasing a consumer burner for these discs, meaning that users cannot make their own movie discs. Sure you can upload movies to a memory card, but those are pretty limited in size and/or very expensive per MB compared to an optical disc. I just find it hard to view this as the "next Walkman" (as Sony likes to hype it) if we can't very easily create and use our own portable content.

I would not be surprised if some or all of these issues to be solved by Xmas 2006, give or take six months.

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_s_1

hello, just letting you all kow about this new upcoming forum dedicated to the sony PSP, its well worth a look, let me know what you htink!

MAKE IT!, PLZ!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts