Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new psu with 420 W is that enogh to drive my geforce 6600 ? becasue i get artifacts .. and its not so fanny becasue my friends got bad computers and they can play the game without artifcats .. soo what to do ?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by TritoN

I bought a new psu with 420 W is that enogh to drive my geforce 6600 ? becasue i get artifacts .. and its not so fanny becasue my friends got bad computers and they can play the game without artifcats .. soo what to do ?

420W is more than enough to run a system with your current specs.
Moreover, when you see artifacts it's not a problem related to a weak power supply.
Artifacts mean your card is usually working at higher clocks (core or/and memory) than it was built for which wouldn't normally happen unless you have overclocked it. For example the default settings for your 6600 are somewhere around 300 MHz for core and 500 MHz for memory. If you take one or both of these values too high (via something like CoolBits or PowerStrip) then you would start to see artifacts.
Two other things though... what driver version are you using and what is the core temperature of your card (note that you cannot normally see core temperature on plain 6600 but the sensor is there... so you can enable it... check this and this link for more info on how to do it).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right .. but the card is new i havnet OC it .. and my temprature shower were already enabble .. and the temp is 40 - 45 C and i have the newest drivers ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought so me to , so idid it yesterday .. and it dindt work .. do i have to re-install my computer you think ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,122 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by TritoN

i have not OC it , and its a AGP card (GainWard GeForce 6600 )

And its got its own power connector right? thats connected?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,049 Posts
underclock it and see if it helps

I usually reinstall everything when I get a major hardware upgrade
but do it as a last resort

maybe your card is just bad
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,131 Posts
well...do the Omega drivers work with Nvidia cards? if so, you should maybe try them and see if the artifacts are still there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:


Originally Posted by Mastacator

And its got its own power connector right? thats connected?

my card dosent need any cable ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:


Originally Posted by timmay7

well...do the Omega drivers work with Nvidia cards? if so, you should maybe try them and see if the artifacts are still there

i will not try the omega drivers , because it only is driver version 63.91 or someting , and the game i played ( Flatout) cant be running on those drivers ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why should i use them ? i have the orginal drivers and the newest ?isnt that what is best ?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,131 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by TritoN

why should i use them ? i have the orginal drivers and the newest ?isnt that what is best ?

not always.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top