Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I just clocked my system up to 4.5Ghz with the i5-6600K.

I have 4 DC controlled Noctua fans in my NCASE M1.

2 fans in the case floor (140mm + 120mm) - running at 500rpm with a variable speed control (but seem to always remain at the minimum speed).

2 fans in the side of the case and directly above my CPU cooler (Noctua NH-C14). 140mm + 120mm running at 700rpm fixed speed.

I just ran AIDA 64 until the temperatures became stable and ended up with around 60-65°C for all cores (see screenshot). Room temperature is around 20°C.

This seems perfectly fine for a stress test environment. Even if I add 12°C for a hot summer day the values would be around 70-75°C for the stress test.

Now I was initially considering buying a new 140mm PWC fan for the CPU cooler but am wondering if it is worth the money. Do you think I can live with these temp results?

In idle my temps are 22-23°C and during gaming around 35-40°C.

Would be great to hear your experience!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the fact they are so quiet.

Do you think my temperatures are too high so that I really need to turn up the fans? With the CPU fan I can only choose fixed speeds. (700rpm / 850rpm / 1150 rpm)

I was eying the Noctua NF-A15 - for variable speed. So that would be wasted money in my case?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anak85 View Post

I love the fact they are so quiet.

Do you think my temperatures are too high so that I really need to turn up the fans? With the CPU fan I can only choose fixed speeds. (700rpm / 850rpm / 1150 rpm)

I was eying the Noctua NF-A15 - for variable speed. So that would be wasted money in my case?
I think it would be useful make fan go faster. you do not need to spend more money for a new fan. you just have so many fans in your case?
XD

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldduck2004 View Post

I think it would be useful make fan go faster. you do not need to spend more money for a new fan. you just have so many fans in your case?
XD
Of course it would be useful to make the fans go faster. But that means more noise.

What CPU temperatures are still acceptable under normal gaming situations? Then I can see if I need to increase the fan speeds.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just spent 30 minutes gaming at 700 rpm and the temps were at 30°C. (Aida64 60-65°C)

Then I ran Aida64 at 800rpm to compare and had the CPU at 55-60°C.

At 800rpm I can hear the fan and that for me is not acceptable if I sit next to the computer all day as I use it for work.

So, are the temps at 700rpm OK or do I need to go out and get a PWC?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugurnot View Post

Temps are absolutely fine.
I agree. So Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by anak85 View Post

Of course it would be useful to make the fans go faster. But that means more noise.

What CPU temperatures are still acceptable under normal gaming situations? Then I can see if I need to increase the fan speeds.
your temperatures are fine. Max 50/60°C in gaming for CPU or something more
That's it

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perfect, thank you! I will monitor it closely in the next days and see if it becomes an issue with certain games.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts