Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got 2 sticks of Patriot 1GB DDR400 ram when I install 1 stick everything is fine but if I put in two it posts but then says detecting array and just sits there then restarts and does the same thing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried every possible combo 1 and 3, 2 and 3, 1 and 2 and same thing also when I have both in and let the DFI board select my Multiplyer it runs fine but only runs at 860MHz

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Well I was hoping someone would jump in there and help ...Well try just stock settings.200 fsb and 1:1 ratio on the ram...I believe the 3500 is a x11 multi...See if it boots then you can tweak it from there...Wish I could help more but that is probably where I would start to check a problem..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with 1 stick at 200FSB x 11 Multi everything works fine runs games windows everything. put a second stick in it post the says detecting array I have no raid or anything just 1 SATA HD but if I put it to 200FSB x 4 Multi everything works fine run windows games but only at 800MHz.

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Make sure that in BIOS, somewhere, the SATA/IDE is set to "BASE" and not to "RAID"
Also, when you try both sticks separatly, do they both work?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Are the RAM setting @ the MB's default.. ie; did you clear the CMOS before installing?
Did you enter the RAM's default timings?
Have you tried upping the vdimm any?
Have you tried upping the LDT voltage?
That brand isn't known for having any issues with DFI MB as far as I can recall.

·
Premium Member
12,297 Posts
Make sure their in the orange slots.

Do they both boot fine if you put them in seperately?

I wouldn't think that the fact it stops at that screen has anything to do with RAID, the boot process just can't get any further for some reason

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well before I upgraded my Ram I was running at 260 x 10 now im just at 210 x 11 and not really tryin to push it just saving money to do a complete upgrade.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts