Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love everything about the Razer Blade (2016), in particular the super sleek, high quality, portable and efficient design. I want a premium laptop that looks and feels the part, like a Macbook Pro, but one that has some serious GPU power for high quality gaming. I was about to pull the trigger and pre-order one until I noticed it uses a GTX 970M w 6GB of VRAM. Now, the previous model Razer Blade from 2015 used the same GTX 970M except with 3GB of VRAM, and they are both based on Nvidia's outgoing Maxwell architecture; I'm pretty sure this GPU came out in 2014!. Is it wise to wait until the new Pascal architecture makes its way into high end laptops? If so, any word on when Pascal mobile GPU's are set to be launched? I currently am on a surface pro 4, so I don't urgently need a computer. I just want to upgrade to a nice laptop specifically for high quality portable gaming, so I am willing to wait 3-4 months, but would not really want to wait 6 or more months for a comparable laptop to the Razer Blade with a Pascal mobile GPU. What are all of your thoughts? Does anyone here have experience with the GTX 970M or the Razer Blade? Does the 6GB of VRAM in the newer Razer Blade really make a difference over the older 3GB? Sorry, lots of questions...any feedback is appreciated! Thanks OCN!

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade

·
Premium Member
6,457 Posts
That would be wise, yes. There's going to be a massive power efficiency improvement as well as better DX12 support from both Nvida's Pascal and AMD's Polaris GPUs, and they seem to be coming out this year.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea how much of an improvement the GTX 970M with 6GB will be versus the GTX 970M with 3GB from the previous year for gaming?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts