Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am building a 2nd rig unlike what i have below. i have purchased:

dfi lan party 875p-t mobo
prescott 560EJ 3.6 Ghz processor <-- expensive and rare.
bfg 6800ultra oc
now im looking for ram over 500 mhz im planning high overclocks i use a
wc/pelt setup im having my dominator block retrofitted by wintsch labs.
there tons of ram im looking for the best 1 gig possible feel free ot help me out.
laters.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Some ADATA DDR600 TCCD would probably be the best you can buy. That board uses DDR1 right?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
This is true, though I don't think latencies have as big an impact on Intels. I said the DDR600 though because set that puppy up with a x14 multiplier and get some uber bandwidth. lol Probably break 8GB/s

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah true i just think i dont really need to go any higher than pc4200 533mhz i dont think its necessary i can oc like crazy with that ram and keep a 1:1 divider

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Oh c'mon... 300x14 = 4.2GHz.... think of the bandwidth man! and it is my understand that there is like no point where a P4 has enough bandwidth.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah ok i been lookin a pc 4200 and 4400 the whole time at corsair and ocz website but thats as high as there ram goes where should i shop for ddr600?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im there already i never heard of em not to mention i dont understand the specs there a bit messed up on my screen that sucks. your putting bad ideas in my head lol im gonna check the price of these things

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I hadn't really heard of or respected A-DATA before I saw these modules and how when they sell their top rated modules they also provided timings and voltage charts for running lower frequencies.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmm ok ill check some more on this ram otherwise do you think my ocz is a high performing solid choice or would you recommend something else?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Pretty much any RAM using Samsung TCCD chips (preferable rev. F) will clock very well when give the right amount of voltage. I'm pretty sure that OCZ PC4200 uses TCCd so you should be good there. But it's always nice to know that the RAM is GUARANTEED to run at 600MHz... just incase

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok cool well ill take a look at that 600mhz ram if not my ocz choice is good enough. thx bro u got repped

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thx ive heard of em but dont know much about the quality of there ram. i think ill go with 533mhz ram from ocz.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts