Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Personally, 50ft of cable on the floor, can you picture tripping on it and ripping it out of the back of your pc and the router slingshots across the room! Been there done that!!!

IMO, wireless.... If you are running a linksys (wrt54g/s ) flash it wit DD-WRT. There is a setting that you can use to bump up you broadcast siginal.

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FREELINE57
View Post

Personally, 50ft of cable on the floor, can you picture tripping on it and ripping it out of the back of your pc and the router slingshots across the room! Been there done that!!!

IMO, wireless.... If you are running a linksys (wrt54g/s ) flash it wit DD-WRT. There is a setting that you can use to bump up you broadcast siginal.

this is why you keep the cable next to the edge of the wall using a staples to keep it tidy and u wont trip.

·
Premium Member
16,528 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FREELINE57
View Post

i use dd wrt. my router is roughly 50 feet away. i have two 54g's works great

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
bk7794, ebay! I have purchased several linksys routers v4, v3, v2 some almost brand new. And never payed more than 30 shipped & one came with a pci adapter card.

juggalo23451 I only did that once!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,052 Posts
As long as you can, hide, shield, or find a way to not trip over the cable, I would go with the 50 foot cable from Monoprice.

As far as Wireless, Just grab an old router off of amazon or ebay, do the same for a wireless card. Just make sure it is DD-WRT compatible before buying it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts