Hi just built my first pc with the following specs:

I5 2500k
Gigabyte p67 UD4
4 gig corsair ram
2 MSI 5850s
CM 690 II case
1 tb samsung spinpoint
650w Antec TP

Basically i built the pc had this issue for the first couple of boots where there was no display and it restarted. Swapped the Power Switch connector on the MB round and it worked installed windows and started installing drivers. Decided i would cable manage so zip tied the cables etc when to plug back in and again it wouldn't boot restarting after 3 secs.

I removed the MB and placed it on the box tried it with bare minimal stuff in and still was restarting.

I got a pre OC'd bundle so reseting the Cmos etc is not possible and i have rasied the issue with them and it looks like i may have to return it.

Thought i would post on here if any one has any other ideas as it is perculiar that it was running fine at one point.

(Sorry for the long post
frown.gif
)

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Could be a loose connection, have you tried a different SATA cable or the drive in another comp? May also be a loose power cable to the board.
Edit: Or an issue with the two cards, maybe try one and then add the other in later?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow well i went ahead and reset the cmos and its working now >.< does this mean the oc will be gone? Seems like their oc was unstable

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Probably no more OC, but it didn't sound stable anyway. You'll be able to get right back there on your own, there're plenty of people that know the business around here
smile.gif

·
Registered
727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goates;11996820
wow well i went ahead and reset the cmos and its working now >.< does this mean the oc will be gone? Seems like their oc was unstable
Yes the OC is gone but that is half the fun of overclocking
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pretty annoyed really spent an extra £50-70 because it was overclocked i know its new tech but i would least expect it to be stable

Also i looked at CPU-z before it all went wrong and the Volts were at 1.426 or something and from what ive read this isnt a sensible long term voltage for SB

·
Registered
233 Posts
so... you bought a pre-built and then paid extra for overclocking ?

Either take it back and tell them, or get reading this site
smile.gif

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know its just as my first build i wanted that extra layer of warranty incase something went wrong

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhardin;11997283
You paid extra just for someone else to overclock it?
frown.gif
You can do it again tho and probably get better results.
This. Don't feel toooo badly though, a semi-expensive lesson, but it's better tha learning over bricked hardware
redface.gif
Any warranty from the OCer?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterCooled;11997322
This. Don't feel toooo badly though, a semi-expensive lesson, but it's better tha learning over bricked hardware
redface.gif
Any warranty from the OCer?
Yeah got it from here btw http://www.scan.co.uk/Shop/Computer-Hardware/Overclocked-3XS-Bundles

I thought that it was some hardware that i crapped up during installation was really annoyed with myself glad to find that actually id built my first pc correctly

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goates;11997363
Yeah got it from here btw http://www.scan.co.uk/Shop/Computer-Hardware/Overclocked-3XS-Bundles

I thought that it was some hardware that i crapped up during installation was really annoyed with myself glad to find that actually id built my first pc correctly
I haven't looked at the fine print, but I'd get on the phone/email and ask them what was up with the OC, tell them you had to reset CMOS to get it going and that you want your money back/a stable OC under warranty...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterCooled;11997416
I haven't looked at the fine print, but I'd get on the phone/email and ask them what was up with the OC, tell them you had to reset CMOS to get it going and that you want your money back/a stable OC under warranty...
yeah gonna ring tommorrow will be annoyed if i have to return it though.

Thanks to all those who offered advice

1 - 15 of 15 Posts