Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a SFF build. Currently have A Corsair 540 case with 6700k ,Gigabyte 1080ti combo.. Now I can either keep the 6700k and get a new Mini/Micro Mother board and new case or go for something newer for future proof and spend a lil more. I can always offset the cost of selling old mobo,cpu and I have a Old Broken mobo I can still return to microcenter for exchange 'Microcenter is 6 hr drive btw since i moved to new state' . My current CPU is being cooled by a H100i v2 and would like to use that in the new build.. Was eyeing the Corsair Crystal 280X or even a smaller case. Any suggestions would be helpful!

·
Vandelay Industries
2,108 Posts
IN my opinion....change out the mobo keep the ram, cpu, etc...It would be by fa the most economical. Sell the old mobo and case.

In terms of future proofing....there's no point at this time to go beyond what you already have. Those components are about as future proof as you'd need given we are still early on in the usefulness of core wars. Once software/games catch up to cores and once intel/amd make more than an slight incremental improvement, then upgrade. By then hopefully the dram drought will have calmed down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts