Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I recently decided to go SLI. I already have a new mobo and my second card is on the way. The only other problem that I know of is the PSU. Does anyone know how I can find out what PSU I'm gonna need for my new rig? I think XFX recommended 650 or something as a minimum for one of my cards. Any responses are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
What is the brand and model of the current one? If it's good quality it's fine, if it's some cheap junk then you should replace it with something like a Corsair TX series PSU at least.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
A Corsair TX 750 or HX750 or above would be plenty. A TX650 probably also would, but then you would need molex-pci-e adapters for the second card, so I would pay the extra $10-15 for the 750w model. The TX PSUs are non-modular, the HX PSUs are modular and are also higher-quality. I don't know if you care about modular cables (I don't), but if you do, you can't go wrong with the HX750.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
i use corsair myself,but i did notice on the egg last night they had a coolmaster 850 modular for $139.i paid that for my 850tx.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Yup, it can even handle 3 easily if you use adapters.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
You shouldn't have to unless you find out the hard way it's a crappy unit.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Again: What's the brand and model of the 730W?

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Oh yeah, replace that if you can. It might work with two 9800GTX+s, but I don't trust Raidmax PSUs at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts