Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have HD 555 and just ordered HD 558. I been looking around for headphone amps and have my eye on the Fiio E9 and possible the E7 dac- amp to go with it. If i do this that means i will loose my sound card settings for gamer mode "sound blaster X-fi titanuim sound card". So if i use the E7 Dac it will bypass my sound card, so should i just get the E9 desktop amp or should i get a better sound card that has a built in dac and amp? Will just having the Fiio E9 amp work with my sound card or not? If i should get a new sound card what would you recommend?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I myself have replaced my X-fi Xtreme music with a Fiio E10 and I'm loving it. Even coming from the xtreme music's software tweaks such as Bass Boost and Crystalizer ( I know, I know
tongue.gif
) the Fiio E10 amazes me. Unlike just getting an amp, a DAC makes a big difference in sound.

I am currently using my X-fi for my microphone only, and my Fiio E10 as my "soundcard". I never really cared for the audio features of my sound card in games, but if those gaming features are crucial then I would probably get a sound card.

The good thing about the E9/E10 is that you can also use it with a laptop

·
AKA StubbornGreek
3,813 Posts
Which sound card are you using? You can use the e9 with your setup and keep the positional audio (what I currently use).

Also, don't go for the built in amp on sound cards as they are far inferior to dedicated hardware. GL

·
Premium Member
8,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe123 View Post

Just get the STX. It has a DAC and an amp and it is better than the Fiio E7/E9 combo.
Only DAC wise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts