Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to upgrade my ssd. I'd really prefer reliability over cutting edge speed. Anything non sandforce controlled is definitely preferred. The crucial M4 ? samsung 470 ? I'd love some suggestions. I'd like to find one at 120-128gb, price is negotiable depending on quality, value. Thanks for your help kind sirs.

• Rep+
Reactions: Chuggerboom

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Typically if you want the most "reliable" an Intel or Kingston would be recommended, though they are slower than their competition. I've had several sandforce drives and never had a single problem with any of them.

If price isn't a huge issue, an Intel 510 would be on the top of my recommendations.

• Rep+
Reactions: King Who Dat

·
Retired but not dead!
7,435 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by danielwiley
View Post

Im looking to upgrade my ssd. I'd really prefer reliability over cutting edge speed. Anything non sandforce controlled is definitely preferred. The crucial M4 ? samsung 470 ? I'd love some suggestions. I'd like to find one at 120-128gb, price is negotiable depending on quality, value. Thanks for your help kind sirs.

M4 has proven reliability and is the best bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcg75
View Post

M4 has proven reliability and is the best bang for the buck.

In my case, the Corsair and OCZ are cheaper in price than the M4 but not by much.

I still recently bought the M4 over the others as I didn't want any risks of BSOD problems some people get with Sandforce and the M4 comes close to the others with the 09 Firmware.

So I recommend the M4 if you don't want to take the risk.

I also recommend the Intel SSDs as they seem to be reliable too but every Intel SSD I seen when looking to order was alot more expensive than the others for what you get.

And I only recommend the Corsair Force 3 if you are not concerned about the problems with sandforce and want the fastest (probably) drive.

I don't recommend OCZ as I found they were a bit more expensive than Corsair (At least where I am) and Corsair has better customer support

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think ill be skipping ocz entirely. No votes for the Samsung then ? Corsair is a possibility because of the excellent service I've gotten from them.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Crucial M4 vote here

• Rep+
Reactions: King Who Dat

·
Premium Member
9,502 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by danielwiley
View Post

I think ill be skipping ocz entirely. No votes for the Samsung then ? Corsair is a possibility because of the excellent service I've gotten from them.

My heart goes out to the Corsiar Force 3. Excellent drive. Fast and I haven't had any issues with it thus far.

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JedixJarf
View Post

My heart goes out to the Corsiar Force 3. Excellent drive. Fast and I haven't had any issues with it thus far.

Curious how long you've had yours?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts