Corsair TX 750W Psu
ATI Radeon 5870
Corsair Dominator 6gb DDR3 1600mhz
Asus P6X58D Premium
Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Micron/Crucial RealSSD C300 128gb
500gb hd
lg 22x dvd

I was reading on this forum and researching about the push/pull tech. for the lclc's, fan upgrades, shrouds and air flow of the case. I was wondering if you guys can recommend me some fans to set up with my lclc240. Also the RAD will be placed on top of the case if anyone is familiar with this case (CM Storm Sniper) please share your thoughts/critique on build.

I am planning on OC'ing to about 3.5 GHz when all the parts arrive.

P.S. Is a shroud really necessary if so , please recommend me the sizes and where to purchase them. Thank You

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks fssbzz

i forgot to mention, lets assume i do a push/pull with 4 fans, should i be exhausting out of the top of my case, or intaking air from the top.

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu510 View Post
thanks fssbzz

i forgot to mention, lets assume i do a push/pull with 4 fans, should i be exhausting out of the top of my case, or intaking air from the top.

erm..this one..im not sure.i doesnt have a LC and nvr try before.
erm but..depends on your ambient temp.
if your ambient temp are hot.. then i would exhausting out from top the case..
but if u have alot of HDD...try to check your ambient temp inside ur case...vs outside.
if inside is colder then outside then exhausting out from top of ur case

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For me its all about performance then noise but doesnt mean i want to be annoyed by the fans. can you recommend me a shroud website or brandnames?

·
Old School OCNer
1,903 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fssbzz
View Post

if is performance > noise
then i got more option for u lol
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-054-_-Product
# Air Flow: 133.60 CFM
# Noise Level: 45.90 dBA

I have a Coolit A.L.C. 150 CFM fan for my H50. I hook it up to a fan controller to keep the noise in check. 2 of those ^ with fan controller would be bad ass. Turn those up when you need them, and turn them down for some piece and quiet.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fssbzz View Post
if is performance > noise
then i got more option for u lol
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-054-_-Product
# Air Flow: 133.60 CFM
# Noise Level: 45.90 dBA

Def an understatement
That fan is a beast...and sounds like a jet engine, had one on my ziggy, and those coolermaster fans you pointed to look great I have em in my system now, but w/o a fan controller they arent anywhere near 90 cfm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts