Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! My M2N32 SLI Deluxe is on the way out
- lost 1PCIe slot & lan. Since my system is 4 yrs old a new set-up is a must anyway. Going to order an ASUS M4N-75TD with AMD 1090T & DDR3 mem. I run Win7 32bit & will clone my old dive onto a 1.5tb dive. Can I just put the cloned drive in my new system-with a bios upgrade for the 1090T? What can I expect, outside of having to get a Win7 key
. I had done this before going from an ACER T180 board to the ASUS with no problems. I was also thinking of going to Win7 64bit, but I have 4yrs of programs with 80% of them dloads-no cds
.... Any advise would be helpfull Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chuckie.... That's what I was thinking, the clone will transfer all my settings & files to the new drive - than into the new system. I already have up-to-date drivers in place. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Hi.

Few months ago I changed my mobo and only have to connect the HD and the rig boot up without problems. Now I think that a 1090T with a mobo that has nVidia chipset isn't very good combination in that way is better go with 1090T plus some ATI chipset mobo.

Clone the HD to a DVD or CD and after that connect the HD and try to boot.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Saint19......Right now I have MSI GTX260 & hope to get a GTX480 or 485 down the road. I would like to do the AMD chip-set route because of the number of MoBo's available, but I couldn't go SLI with that chip-set in the future...... Not only that, but I may have a problem with the nvidia drivers on my cloned HD going onto an AMD set-up. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
U can hack the mobo for activate SLI in a mobo with ATI chipset.

Regarding the drivers, win 7 has both nVidia and ATI basic drivers so I think that that could not be a problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saint19.... Good thought on the Driver thing, but the hack is out for me..... Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts