HI People

Just a quick question really.. I have got a system with the following specs:-

motherboard xfx 750i sli
8Gb nvidia ddr2 ram ( 4x2Gb)
intel core 2 quad q6600
2x bfg gtx 260
creative sounblaster xfi titaium champion

I know it not the fastest thing in the world but it does me ok anyways,
I thought I would invest in an corsair h50 watercooler and then overclock my cpu.

I have got the q6600 overclocked at 3.1Ghz and thought I would check stability using occt.

my question comes in 2 parts firstly I think I installed the fan on the radiator the wrong way round so its drawing air from the case rather than drawing air from the outside. so is this a problem

secondly the idle temperature of my cpu ( using core temp )is 37 degrees centigrade. I ran occt for 2 hours and at peak the temperature of the 4 cores was 59 59 60 and 61 degrees C respectively. these returned to the ambient temp of 36-37 degrees C.

Do you think these values are ok
or are the peak load values a little high

Any comments much appreciated.

kind regards

Simon

ps the test completed without errors

·
Registered
188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simonc2303
View Post

I know it not the fastest thing in the world but it does me ok

I only wish my rig was as nice as yours, and I sell PC mods/watercooling stuff for a living. Money ends up getting put towards business expansion instead of me being able to play the latest games with all of the eye candy

On topic though, what is your overall cooling situation as far as the case and fans? What are you running as far as intake and exhaust, and where?

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
This is what Corsair recommends...

Quote:

The Corsair Hydro Series™ H50 High-Performance CPU Cooler is designed and tested to be mounted in its stock configuration using a single fan attached to the radiator. This single fan is configured to draw cool air from outside the computer case and blow it through the radiator for optimum CPU cooling. Our developmental testing supports this and we recommend a single or dual fan set up bringing cool air into the radiator for best results.

http://blog.corsair.com/?p=3575

1 - 3 of 3 Posts