Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have my sig rig below. What did i do wrong? my vcore keeps jumping from 1.520 to 1.360. did i forget to turn something off in bios? please help

EDIT: disabled cool n quiet, c1e, and fan control. still having same issue. vcore jumping from 1.536 to 1.360 now

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. says normal vcore 1.475 and i bumped it up to 1.525(+.050)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I think we have the same motherboard. Do you have the latest F8k BIOS?
What clock speeds are you trying to get? 1.45v is enough for 4 GHz.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have the 790fxta-ud5 board, not the 70fxt-ud5p and i do have latest bios, support for 6 core's. Wouldnt boot up without it lol

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Power setting in windows set to high performance?

Vdroop is normal. If stable I wouldn't worry about it. Check "load line calibration" LLC settings in the bios if you want to?

·
Super Moderator
32,930 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenolak View Post
Power setting in windows set to high performance?

Vdroop is normal. If stable I wouldn't worry about it. Check "load line calibration" LLC settings in the bios if you want to?
Vdroop is normal yes. But not going from 1.52 to 1.36v. There's something wrong. It's either a power saving feature (make sure you have Windows set to "High Performance"), LLC, or you still have a setting enabled in BIOS (Cool N Quiet, C1E, or the other one...forget the name). Or it could be your PSU taking a dump. Could also be the VRM's on your motherboard aren't functioning properly.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
strange thing though. Bios set to 1.525, but while running ibt vcore goes to 1.536? never seen it go higher then set in bios.. prime95 2 of the 6 workers stops within seconds. IBT linpax stops responding, errors, then tells me my OC is stable after 1 pass(if that)

windows is set to high performance. My PSU has 2 cpu power pins 1 8 pin and 1 4+4 pin. I am using the 4+4 pin and gonna power down and swap to the solid 8 pin and see if that improves anything. BRB

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
swapped out cpu power pins, jumping from 1.536 to 1.362(better then 1.350 lol). Dropped my oc to 3.8 instead of 4.0 and dropped vcore down .025. Keeps BSOD on me during stress testing. Do have a question, if at 1.536 im only hitting 38C as top, do i have to worry about going over 1.55?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JumJum View Post
swapped out cpu power pins, jumping from 1.536 to 1.362(better then 1.350 lol). Dropped my oc to 3.8 instead of 4.0 and dropped vcore down .025. Keeps BSOD on me during stress testing. Do have a question, if at 1.536 im only hitting 38C as top, do i have to worry about going over 1.55?
as long as your temps are that low, going slightly over 1.55 isn't a problem. realistically though, i wouldn't push anything if you're actually getting a vdroop of 0.2. try clearing your cmos or taking the cmos battery out.. no properly functioning board would undervolt that substantially under load

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LLC? Noob here lol

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
^ that sucks

LLC fixed my vdroop.... well, for the most part

·
Registered
780 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JumJum
View Post

LLC? Noob here lol

it's prolly called vdroop on your board. if it's enabled you'd notice a slight voltage drop under load, if it's disabled vcore would match what's reported in the bios or overshoot it a bit. either way it wouldn't cause a .2 volt drop in vcore. more like 0.02 lol

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2trickky4every1
View Post

Gigabyte MBs do not have LLC (load line calibration) i beleive that is an asus only feature on AMD boards

No. It might be called something different, but it has the same function of LLC.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
C1e and cool-n-quiet and fan control thing are all that I disabled. I did not touch Turbo mode thing, could that be a problem?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Never saw a vdroop option in BIOS. Gonna take pics of BIOS to show the options available

1 - 20 of 22 Posts